Author Topic: Run n gun 10/18  (Read 2563 times)

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Run n gun 10/18
« on: October 18, 2015, 06:39:14 PM »
A PS exclusive report!

Too lazy to load the kayak so I burned a half day voucher for this morning's AM run. Weather was cloudy with temps in the mid 70's. Light breeze from the NW. Water was low to mid 70's. Slight surface texture, green color inside with clearer water outside.

We loaded up on 3-5 inch chovies then headed toward our AO. On the way out we spot some bird activity in an area of maybe 4 football fields. Multiple spots of macks, bonito, bullet/frigate tuna, and skip jack blowing up the surface. Bait and jigs go flying followed by instant hookups. Fish come flying over the rails quickly after the first wave of bites. Soon after we would wind em in and chase down the schools. A couple more stops to try and get ahead of the schools but these fish were fast and would sink out in a hurry. A few more landed and that was that. I'd say that was a good 30-40 minutes of surface activity before finishing the day bottom fishing for dinks.

I ended the day with a handful off macks, a bullet tuna, and a handful of olive rockfish. I gave em away faster than I could take a photo. Read today's fish count and it looks like the bullets/frigates are reported as bonito. Also a little inaccurate on the numbers as a quite a few were shaken off at the rail.   ;)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Run n gun 10/18
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 07:17:16 PM »
Sounds fun for a lazy day.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 09:27:27 AM »
Nice going Len!  Better off being on a boat than a kayak that day.  The wind was pretty snotty!

So cool to see another wave of exotics cruise through!

Thanks for the "Exclusive" report also.   8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 10:15:49 AM »
Yeah it was nice to just hose off the rods and be done. No unloading, no fish cleaning, just relax and watch the Chargers do their thing.  ;D  :o  :P

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 10:27:38 AM »
Sounds like an awesome day for the surface iron!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)