Author Topic: New Trolling Motor Plug  (Read 1640 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
New Trolling Motor Plug
« on: November 28, 2020, 06:10:09 PM »
So, after the last one was corroded to sh!t and was never repaired, I went looking for a new one.  I was only planning on buying a $30 plug, when i started to check out reviews first.  The Marinco was anout $60 and I was really not a fan of it even before it crapped out on me.  I didn't like the locking mechanism or even the way it stuck straight out of the deck.

Besides, after a year, this is how it looked????

After reading all reviews from the cheap ones to the best, I opted for the best from what I read about the Minn Kota plug.  A few guys were mentioning that they would never spend over $100 on a plug, but they had the same issues I've had and went for it.  Every one of them was ecstatic with it and said it was worth every penny even though they  didn't want to spend that kind of dough for a TM plug.

When i got it, i was wowed.  They gave you extra parts as well as giving you all top end stuff.  I was really surprised, yet again hopeful for the amount I paid for this to be what it was.

I put it all together and I'm super stoked.  Great contacts, and out of the way unlike my other $60 plug.  Way heavy duty to the point that a baseball bat won't damage it (to a point).

Started up all on the first shot....

It came with all the extras to hide the attachments also.

I had to almost double the hole size for the base from 1" to 1-3/4", but the lock down on it is really quality and won't rip out upon accidentally stepping on it.

I can't wait to put it to good use on one of my secret bass piles!

Now it's time to fix the trailer lights and figure out the motor....  I thought the trailer lights were going to be easy, but that's all my fault for thinking something stupid like that on this trailer.  The Square Boma had a modified frame to make easy work of this.  Mako factory trailers are made to be especially hard apparently...  :(

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: New Trolling Motor Plug
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 04:13:25 AM »
Curious Tom, do you use Dielectric on your connections?
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: New Trolling Motor Plug
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 08:11:41 AM »
Curious Tom, do you use Dielectric on your connections?

When I have it handy.... which goes back to the Boma days.  I should have went out and got some, but was elbows deep and didn't want to stop. 
You can't catch them from your computer chair.