Author Topic: Whisker Trout (3/20)  (Read 2587 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Whisker Trout (3/20)
« on: March 20, 2023, 08:01:19 PM »
Got home from work and needed to rest my back.  What better way to rest it than in the cab of the truck while trout fishing?  ;D

Spot one where I got the trout, I had two really good hits.  The first one was on Powerbait and I could tell it was a nice trout.  It hit the surface, thrashed for a split second and just wasn't there anymore... Jeez...  WTF?

These two honkers had me pinned in the truck begging for food.  the only thing I had was Tic-Tacs, but they weren't interested.

One more hit and I watched the fish indicator drop, but when I grabbed the rod, no one was home....

I had an hour left before I had to head back home and decided to try another lake.  I get there and after casting out the freshly inflated nightcrawlers, I saw two honkers running down the parking lot at me!  I must apparently look like someone that feeds them a lot because they sure acted like they know me.

I just started to recline the seat when I saw the bobber drop and made a dash to the rod!  It felt like a really nice one and this time I was armed with 4# test!  lol
This was definitely the biggest fish this particular rod ever caught and I was happy to fight it.  Damn these cats have just been slugs here as of late.

It had a funny shaped head and looked like it was in these ponds for a bit, so I let him go to grow and get uglier.

That was it.  I'm liking this quick fishing after work and only having to drive a half mile to get home.  lol

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Whisker Trout (3/20)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 08:26:21 AM »
Got home from work and needed to rest my back.  What better way to rest it than in the cab of the truck while trout fishing?  ;D

Genius
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 09:20:47 AM »
you could not catch a trout at a fish market!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 02:05:14 PM »
you could not catch a trout at a fish market!

It figures you would know what fish they sell at the market.  You've been stopping there for decades after every single fishing trip you're on.  ;D

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 08:25:53 PM »
Maybe the trout might like a Tic Tac  ;)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 06:23:31 AM »
Maybe the trout might like a Tic Tac  ;)

I forgot my bait thread though.  lol  ;D

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 05:41:43 PM »
Lol to the feeding geese tic tacs. Might need to bring out the whisker trout tourney at this rate.