Author Topic: Has Anyone Been Out Fishing?  (Read 1604 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Has Anyone Been Out Fishing?
« on: March 10, 2023, 06:14:59 AM »
Sometimes I wonder if anyone is getting out fishing or just not getting anything worthy of posting.  I know the young guns are still paddling out baits and would love to see some posts from them, but it's just more of a curiosity.

I was thinking about heading out after work yesterday to the surf, but of course I forgot of two meetings late in the day from work that I had to attend.  I swear my brain is like an Etch A Sketch.  One little shake and everything disappears.  sheesh...

(In the meantime, I'm actually getting a ton of things done that I was procrastinating on around the house.  It's amazing what I can get done when I'm not buzzed or drunk after work (Day 17 with no booze...)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Has Anyone Been Out Fishing?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 07:35:54 AM »
Dropping off my lady at work and then hitting the beach with light tackle for the third straight day. Haven’t had much to report the first two days though.

Need to dust off the lbsf gear and at least poke around for bats, but my typical night time fishing hours are dominated by work as of late. Ought to try in the morning when I’m free….

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 07:36:43 AM »

I swear my brain is like an Etch A Sketch.  One little shake and everything disappears.  sheesh...

Welcome to my world!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 10:57:44 AM »
And good job on the dry spell!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 11:06:56 AM »

Where are you working now?  When does the deckhand work usually pick up?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 11:32:09 AM »

Where are you working now?  When does the deckhand work usually pick up?

Grub-hubbing. I just leave the app on from like noon til 10pm or as late as midnight if I stay busy, fill the time in between orders with whatever. It's been kind of slow since the new year, but paying the bills as long as I'm doing it 6 days a week, now 7 with my recent bad luck.

I was working on the Dana Pride and they haven't been out since going to the yard in October. Got a few relief gigs on other boats in the fleet in November but haven't got a call since. I half expect to start working regularly on the Pride again when groundfish opens and that'd be great, but I would be perfectly okay with it if they've forgotten me or moved on.

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 08:55:33 PM »
My motor acted up and I used up all my surf bait soon after.
Doing a shake down run tomorrow. Hopefully get some Mack’s and squid and maybe something fresh for the table.
Keep it tight

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 09:08:32 PM »
The weather has me sticking close to home and chasing firewood, the pig likes a hot fire ;)  Hope to get The Cyclops wet in the next couple of weeks :)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2023, 05:58:33 AM »
I would be perfectly okay with it if they've forgotten me or moved on.

How come?  I thought you kind of enjoyed the deckhand thing.  On the topic, we've been hitting the pier twice a week, things are really slow.
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Ethansauce_

• Shovelnose
  • mackerel slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2023, 02:58:43 PM »
Works got me on 6 days a week and with my luck the 7th day is either overtime or foul weather so not much fishing the last month. Hoping to have something postable soon haha
Getting skunked on land, pier, and kayak since 01'

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2023, 03:55:28 PM »
I would be perfectly okay with it if they've forgotten me or moved on.

How come?  I thought you kind of enjoyed the deckhand thing.  On the topic, we've been hitting the pier twice a week, things are really slow.

I’ve enjoyed it, just working as a relief deckhand I was bouncing from boat to boat and captain to captain, so the way to please one captain is the way to piss off the next. I certainly enjoy getting on the water and getting passengers on fish, no question about that. And the pay would be nice right about now.