Author Topic: Waking Up The Bait Stealers (6/20)  (Read 1915 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Waking Up The Bait Stealers (6/20)
« on: June 20, 2015, 12:06:14 PM »
I had a few hours to kill this morning... actually, I take that back.  I had no time to do so, but I went anyway to see what the morning bite was like.  I got down to the beach at dark and on my first cast get a sharky ripper!  I ran to the rod only to have him drop it the minute I grabbed it.  Oh well.. super low draining tide!

The story of the morning was every bait got swiped.  I finally threw on a mega bonito head to see if I could stop these little bites from happening, but even this got bit!

Not sure if it was a small leopard or an eel from the teeth marks, but it was gone.

I fished for 3 hours and managed 2 small bass, so it was not all futile, but I knew when it was time to go when the legions of dog walkers came down to the beach and all had to let their dogs stop and sniff my sh!t.  I told one guy if that dog raises that leg, I'm going to punt him through the uprights.  That was it... time to go and get the boat prepped for a hopefully more productive trip tomorrow.

Until tomorrow!  :)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
Re: Waking Up The Bait Stealers (6/20)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 01:52:48 PM »
Atleast you were out this morning, I'm dying hear. Gonna have to settle for some bats tonight at lab, hopefully break in my jig sticks. Goodluck tomorrow man!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 03:44:00 PM »
Went looking for croaker. Got a couple perch. Had fun watching the people rescue s tuna crab they found on the beach. I had more fun when they came to the section of beach with hundreds on it and realized it was futile.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 05:02:47 PM »
Damn bait stealers

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 10:33:26 PM »
You know how I stand on this topic .... "And the Kick is GOOD!!"   >:(

("and the JETS score their only points of the game so far")  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .... you need to add the evil emoticon ..  ;)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 07:26:13 PM »

("and the JETS score their only points of the game so far")  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .... you need to add the evil emoticon ..  ;)

Maybe I should add a DS board now you called out my JETS! Lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.