Author Topic: Weathering the Storm on a Tom-less Tuesday 12/30/14  (Read 2433 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Weathering the Storm on a Tom-less Tuesday 12/30/14
« on: December 30, 2014, 09:52:04 PM »
Well Tom had to host dinner with his parents. So squatch and I hit up my spot to see if we couldn't find a pre-storm fish or 2. Got to the spot round 2 pm and it was already lookin like it was gonna be a cold wet sesh. Got baits in the water and squatch started gettin the fire ready. After my 1st beer and bout an hr in my 9'r starts screaming, I get to it, set and it goes airborne instantly! Fought her for about 30 seconds and she managed to spit the 7/0. Not the start I wanted but somethings bitin so it was promising. Rebaited and sent up a smoke signal or 2 b4 squatch got a lil run on his big rod and I joked that it must have been swimming passed his bait to get mine. Not a minute later my 9'r was singing, swing and it's on again, and airborne again. She peeled drag for a good 60 yds and went airborne again then I turned her and she went airborne a 3rd time b4 I got her to shore and solo landed her since squatch was tending to the fire... good deckies are soooo hard to find lmfao!

Definitely a nice bat!

Little bit after that beast hit the shore squatchs big rod get bit and we both knew it was a Leopard from the slow steady yet jerky clicker pulls. He gets to it pretty quick, swings, and it's definitely a Leopard! Lotta head shake and tail slap. He gets her turned and she B-lines Str8 at him and proceeds to bust a u-turn in about a foot of water and peeled some drag back out b4 making possibly the most epic jump I've ever witnessed no more than 8' in front of us in maybe 3' of water! We both were in awe of what we just saw, a 4+' Leopard jus almost tail-walked literally less then 10' in front of us! Unfortunately she ended up getting the better of him a minute or 2 later and sawed off his 80# mono leader :( I still gave him half credit for putting on a helluva show! Thought it was about to go wfo but it did the opposite and slowed to a snails pace as we didn't get another good bite the rest of the sesh and called it early round 740. Not a terrible night I went 1 fer 2 and all 3 fish that got hooked went airborne,  plus we had a kick ass fire thanks to squatch and some left over burnt-out Xmas trees people left in the pits.  And I even fed my girls pet decks for her ;)

Rastafar-gone B) <===*~~~

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Weathering the Storm on a Tom-less Tuesday 12/30/14
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 03:37:50 AM »
 Pretty slow, again, at your spot. I was pretty bummed to get bit off so close to shore, but it was better than no bite at all. Pretty cool thing was every fish we hooked went airborne.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 05:57:42 AM »
Awesome report Josh!  I was hoping you guys were killing it while I was preparing my folks a lobster/seafood feast.  I loved the updates coming in via text too.

Looks like another "Curse" notch under Steve's belt at that spot.  LOL

Well done guys.  I'll be back to normal Tuesday Night come next week.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 06:54:02 AM »
Truly a fan out these reports 8)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile