Author Topic: Calico And Tuna Crab Invasion AM Report 5/28/16  (Read 1503 times)

HalibutJoel99

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Calico And Tuna Crab Invasion AM Report 5/28/16
« on: May 28, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »
Headed out this morning excited about being off work the next 3 days, and getting some fish time in. Wanted to beat the beach crowds too. Thankfully May Grey was in full effect and it worked out well.

Conditions weren't to bad. Surf would be low at times and also jump up quickly at times. Not to much salad, a little though. I got pounded in the gut a few times by some nice waves. I didn't see to much baitfish around. Now I've seen everyone's pictures of the Tuna Crabs, but never in person. Today I was lucky to see it myself and it was pretty cool sight to see. I couldn't even guess how many I saw but they were on the sand and swimming by me. Tough little swimmers, reminds me of the lobsters.
Pics to come.

worked a few good troughs, but the bite was slow, maybe the fish were all full from the Tuna Crabs. After 45 minutes in a Get hit with a nice Calico. Fun little battle and the skunkage was gone.

Calico Bass

Tuna Crab pics!

Nice colors on these critters. Close up

There had to be a million of these things out there.

It was another great memory made on the sand. Thanks for reading and good luck out there. Still a lot of Stingrays out there. Until next tide.

Joel 8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Calico And Tuna Crab Invasion AM Report 5/28/16
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 09:28:41 AM »
I have to admit that I like looking at those tuna crab.  They remind me of some sort of Disney character. 

Nice going on the bass, man!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Calico And Tuna Crab Invasion AM Report 5/28/16
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 12:04:37 PM »
Red crabs are cool.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)