Author Topic: M.I.A for a month....  (Read 84 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
M.I.A for a month....
« on: April 21, 2024, 05:00:49 PM »
Totally thought he was gone.  It's a 5+ inch Bushynose Placo so by far the biggest fish in the tank.

I literally bought a Chinese Algae Eater to fill in the gap by the missing placo and boom...  Literally came out of hiding when he saw someone else eating his algae covered rocks...

Glad he's still alive and still in the tank.  I was ready to blame one of the 5 cats we have that don't mind getting wet.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: M.I.A for a month....
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 08:05:17 AM »
Was he stuck to the lid  LOL

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 05:04:20 PM »
5 weeks is an impressive disappearing act for such a big fish. Extra clean tank now with the two janitor fish working on the algae.

How big is the tank? What else you got in there?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 05:38:47 PM »
5 weeks is an impressive disappearing act for such a big fish. Extra clean tank now with the two janitor fish working on the algae.

How big is the tank? What else you got in there?

It was an African Cichlid tank for years, but the girls wanted boring assorted non-African cichlids instead.  Had to change the substrate and everything when I made the change.  I have a little bit of Asia and S. America.  My Dwarf Powder Blue Gourami are actually quite spectacular as colors go, but most of my older fish have finally been passing.  I had 5 beautiful Cory's for the last 5 years, but now down to 1 left.

I want to put some Bichirs in and make it a terrarium with geckos, but got over rule.  45 gallon custom Hex that started life as a saltwater tank.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.