Author Topic: Backgammon Bay (1/21)  (Read 1921 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Backgammon Bay (1/21)
« on: January 21, 2018, 05:42:07 PM »
I met Dave and Roger down at the bay for a quick fishing session and watch some full contact Backgammon games.

Dave needed to break the cherry on his new rod as he went 5 trips in a row without a single fish.  Conditions were pretty killer before the wind picked up.  I didn't get down there until 10:00, so i wasn't expecting much.

I had no such bad luck and picked up 5 smaller bass in about an hour.  Roger and Dave were still stuck at 0 for the time being.
Typical small spotties.

I see a kayak rolling by the rocks and saw a familiar looking stern light off the back.  Sure enough, I yelled BEN and it was!  lol
Binh welshed on taking the kayak out with Ben in the morning, so Ben was fishing solo.  He didn't have any luck at the time as there was a lot of floating grass and a big surge in the back bay.
We caught up a bit and Ben paddled off looking for a corvina. 

On one of Dave's last casts,he scored a cherry popping bass!  Roger and I were pretty stoked to see him smile  under that big mustache of his.  hahaha
I watched Roger play Dave in Backgammon and called it quits to get home and watch the games.

It was a great day until the NE Cheats pulled another game out of their butts and made my day just a little duller.

Anyway, my back is still all messed up and I came home to the heating pad.  Soon, I will be back in the boat and harvesting some fish!

Thanks for reading.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

LandlockedinUT

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
Re: Backgammon Bay (1/21)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 05:53:20 PM »
Looks like a beautiful Southern California day!  We had snow here in UT yesterday...  FINALLY...  Hope your back gets feeling better Tom.

Jim

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 05:56:14 PM »
Looks like a beautiful Southern California day!  We had snow here in UT yesterday...  FINALLY...  Hope your back gets feeling better Tom.

Jim

It was Jim, it was!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 04:52:57 AM »
I had no such bad luck and picked up 5 smaller bass in about an hour.  Roger and Dave were still stuck at 0 for the time being.

Nutt'n worse than the guy who shows up late and still out fishes me    ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 07:58:06 AM »
Nutt'n worse than the guy who shows up late and still out fishes me    ;D

Yes there is. It's the guy who shows up late, borrows your hooks and sinkers, uses your bait, drinks your beer, and then out fishes you >:(
Anybody have an emergency beer?

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 09:33:03 AM »
forgot how beautiful the bay looks in that winter air. Man i haven't fished for bass in such a long time. Good on getting out.

How does casting feel / surgery?

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 10:22:30 AM »
I see a kayak rolling by the rocks and saw a familiar looking stern light off the back.  Sure enough, I yelled BEN and it was!

You've confirmed that the flag works!