Author Topic: Goose egged..  (Read 1940 times)

FISH86R

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Goose egged..
« on: January 21, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
Shot out again to the south OC yesterday hoping to settle a score with a leopard that flipped me off a while back.. Got out there pretty early hoping to beat the suffers.. Parked to a stroll out to take a gander only one surfer.. So I shot back to the car to grab my gear and by the time I got back there were literally 10 surfers.. They freaken multiplied in the water like freaken grimlins dude!! So I just set up next to them for a while thinking I was in the spot I wanted to be in.. An offshore wind picked up so I decided to head out to the end of the jetty to float a balloon rig out since there was nobody out there.. Sure enough I go to grab big Bertha and head out sure enough a group of people got there before me so whatevs.. I went ahead aimed thee ol' surf rod at some rocks and hoped for the best resulting in a while lotta nada.. My uncle did land a nice sea turtle checking one off the endangered species list.. He was released unharmed though.. Beautiful day knew the odds were stacked against me but a bad day of fishing beats a good day of anything else man..

FISH86R

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Goose egged..
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 09:23:15 PM »
When the tide went out I did realize I wasn't in the spot I wanted to be in when I was I the shore either.. Fun times..

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 04:40:18 AM »
a bad day of fishing beats a good day of anything else man..

Correct you are   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

FISH86R

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 05:56:23 AM »

Correct you are   ;D
[/quote]

I heard it was rocking and rolling for you guys up there man.. 15' break??

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 06:53:23 AM »
You got out and gave it a shot, more than i can say for a lot of anglers.  Besides, catching a sea turtle is pretty unique!  That's one trip you and your uncle won't soon forget about!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

FISH86R

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 07:13:10 AM »
You got out and gave it a shot, more than i can say for a lot of anglers.  Besides, catching a sea turtle is pretty unique!  That's one trip you and your uncle won't soon forget about!

I got a 1 month old baby man.. I don't got time to be a premadonna about fishing.. When I get the time I gotta go.. I seen you guys had a decent little secession though that's ill.. The harbor behind me was packed full of seals and dolphins so I figured I'd rather not join in on the protected species brigade..

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 07:40:17 AM »
It's all time on the sand 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?