Author Topic: Sunday School (9/5)  (Read 1994 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Sunday School (9/5)
« on: September 05, 2021, 07:26:49 PM »
Busy weekend with the family led to not much time to get out fishing.  I almost went on Friday night with a buddy, but the damn holiday weekend always has me on guard with all the nuts that are out there and the cold water pouring in pretty much shut down the bite and made the local boats fish for rockfish instead.

I saw an early morning window today before I had to take the kids and my wife out, so ran down the bay for a few hours.  One of my buddies got 2 corvina (missed a third) and caught 8 bass in 1.5 hours on Saturday, so I ran down to try and do a little of the same.

Not great fishing, but I had a calmness pour over me as the sun came up.  It's just way too long between sessions for me lately and I need to change that.

Got a few short biters and moved around.  Finally got a corvina of my own on the rocks, but it was only about 13-14 inches and I am not nimble of foot jetty jumping any more.

I move on again to get away from the screaming and cursing homeless trying to pick fights with people, and get a last 30 minutes of calmness before the bay started to wake up with all of the tourists.  I picked up a bass and lost another, albeit not very big.

Well, that was my fishing for the weekend.  Off to the museums tomorrow with the family followed by a nice BBQ cookout.
It looks like Squatch and I are finally going to start up the Fishing Tuesday's again!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday School (9/5)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 08:24:31 PM »
Good on ye getting out, morning sessions have a tranquility to them that I wish I'd afford myself more of. I was thinking about going out to the beach tonight but I know the bonfire brigade is gonna be out in full force. Can't wait for the Tuesday trip report.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 08:43:37 PM »
Hit the surf for a light tackle sesh. Nothing but purple salad. Left in disgust.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 04:11:38 AM »
I move on again to get away from the screaming and cursing homeless trying to pick fights with people

No doubt that would put a dent in a tranquil morning   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 07:25:50 AM »
 The Homies are getting thick, glad you got some early morning fishing. Have a fun and safe weekend 8)