Author Topic: Last Day (9-1)  (Read 1819 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Last Day (9-1)
« on: September 02, 2016, 09:21:41 AM »
Had 4 days off for my twins bday. Spent 3 days at The Great Wolf Lodge and used the last day to fish. Spent the day prior figuring out where to fish. Dropped off kids to daycare and school so doing a party boat was out of the question. Tempted to hit a pier to try for bait and maybe an exotic that are being sporadically caught. Then there was the jetty... could hit it with some ghost shrimp and pull on some hard fighting opaleye and perch. Or, try my luck in the surf and get some daytime action on the long rod.

I hit the surf at 11am armed with macks for the long rod and market shrimp on the light rod. Beautiful weather, overcast and cool enough to warrant keeping my shirt on, but warm enough for the ladies out there to still wear bikinis😉

The long rod went basically untouched except for the ever present critter bites.

Had plenty of action on the light rod though. Caught a few yfc and missed even more bites. I kept 2 for my lunch.

The croakers were solid 12-14"ers. Pretty fun on the light rod. Gave it 3hrs then headed home to catch up on honey dos before I had to pick up the kids.

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Last Day (9-1)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 09:29:41 AM »
Sounds like a nice relaxing session  :D

On a side note: How was the Great Wolf Lodge?  We're planning a family vaca soon and looking for ideas.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:33:44 AM by xjchad »

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 01:50:29 PM »
Swap the crows for -1s and that pretty much sums up the last 3 weeks for me :(

If I don't get some counters pretty soon I'm going to have to change my screen name to -2 ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 02:05:44 PM »

On a side note: How was the Great Wolf Lodge?  We're planning a family vaca soon and looking for ideas.

Great Wolf Lodge was fun! Kids loved it! Water park isn't huge, but there is lots to do for all ages. Bonus that it's indoors, I hate sunscreen. There is a part that's outdoors, but we avoided it. Save $$ by bringing a cooler and your own drinks and food. You can refill cooler with ice from the ice machines they have on every floor. I'd avoid themed rooms. No doors on the bedrooms = no privacy. We needed a quiet room for the baby, but went with a themed room for the boys bday... mistake. Baby on different schedule, so all had to stay quiet at night. Don't get your kids the Magi Quest unless you plan on putting in the time to complete it. It's an interactive treasure hunt/quest. Food is ok. Typical theme park fare. Limited channels on tv. Staff helpful and cheerful. Arcade is cool. They have mini golf too, we didn't do it. Don't do mini bowling alley, lame. Complimentary ice water at water park. Fill your water bottles.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 04:09:13 PM »

Great Wolf Lodge was fun! Kids loved it! Water park isn't huge, but there is lots to do for all ages. Bonus that it's indoors, I hate sunscreen. There is a part that's outdoors, but we avoided it. Save $$ by bringing a cooler and your own drinks and food. You can refill cooler with ice from the ice machines they have on every floor. I'd avoid themed rooms. No doors on the bedrooms = no privacy. We needed a quiet room for the baby, but went with a themed room for the boys bday... mistake. Baby on different schedule, so all had to stay quiet at night. Don't get your kids the Magi Quest unless you plan on putting in the time to complete it. It's an interactive treasure hunt/quest. Food is ok. Typical theme park fare. Limited channels on tv. Staff helpful and cheerful. Arcade is cool. They have mini golf too, we didn't do it. Don't do mini bowling alley, lame. Complimentary ice water at water park. Fill your water bottles.

Cool, thanks for the intel!  We'll check it out.