Author Topic: Qulaity time with Tinkerbell and a Butterfly (7/28)  (Read 2449 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Qulaity time with Tinkerbell and a Butterfly (7/28)
« on: July 29, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »
Went back to the pier with willis monday to make bait and then tried to fish the surf only to find Thursdays AO way too kelpy to get a bait to hold for more than 5 mins... hit the bay for a bunch of short bites and bait stealers on the ubber fresh macks. But went home with 15 or so baits a piece so not a total bust.

Rolled out yesterday with my girl round 545 and got outta traffic and on the island round 620 :/ island wasn't too packed, few campers and people attempting to fish... set up in a decent spot down a few yds from where I usually soak and got the primo baits in and got a call from Troy that he was gonna stop by on his way home from de anza but he had to bounce quickly to do daddy dutys. Good chatting with u brah. Unfortunately when he showed up so did a phat prego -1 serving platter ray, probably 14-15" which is pretty big for those lil sh!t heads... he bounced round 8ish and few mins later I got a lil drag ripper that need up being a lil dinner plate bat. So I'm back to 0, not bad not great, round 830 I told my chick we'd stay til the fireworks went off and call it. 20 mins later I look up the time for the fireworks and it turns out they weren't til 10 but I had bait and beer and she was down to chill, as I put my phone back in my pocket I get hammered and hook up to a decent fish that made a good 1st run, get her turned and she B-lines into the Grass and its a stale mate until I think I get her outta the weeds only to reel in this massive cluster of squishy bullsh!t weeds.

That pissed me off a lil bit but with how high the tide was, what I could do... get some ice cream B)

Rebaited and casted back out. got a few heads chewed b4 it was almost time to pack up and the last big eye was bled dry. Told her one more bait as 945 rolled around and within 5 mins the Franken-Rod was screaming solid 1st run, get her turned and she's running parallel to shore for a bit, tide was goin out so I had a bit more shallow water to work with and initially thought I had a decent bat but turned out being a good sized feisty butterfly.

Fireworks went off as I let her go, called it a night after the show since my girl hadn't eaten yet and we both needed to get to bed b4 midnight. Split some Pollo asada fries and rolled tacos and hit the hay. Not a bad way to finish off a Tuesday.

Rastafar-gone B)<==*~~~

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Qulaity time with Tinkerbell and a Butterfly (7/28)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:32:07 AM »
Nice! I completely overlook the bay during the summer. Bats are more fun in the bay. Same pier still kicking out macks and bonies?
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »
Nice J.  Did that butterfly have a wounded wing tip.  I snagged one a couple weeks ago on the a rig about that big..pain in the butt on a small bass rod.
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:28:55 AM »
 Bats I the bay are way more fun and less stressful, the people/tourists on the other hand get ridiculous in the peak of summer so the early evening mid week is without a doubt the only time to fish for cartilagous bay beasts.

As for the pier it's mack city after 4 pm... bonies are super sporadic this week coming in waves of 4-5 then gone for several minutes but live chovies were the hot bait on monday, No one i saw got any on any artificials. Macks were all caught on sabiki or light CRig mack chunks.

@ chris nah she was clean no blemishes, my buddy bryan I used to tube the bays with alot, was a spinner bait butterfly slayer, i witnessed over a dozen and 8 of those were fair hooked! so I wouldn't be surprised if she was chasin the Arig down B)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 11:54:42 AM »
Nice Rasta!  I see the Ice Cream man was making his rounds as usual!  Did you buy him out of Rastafarian Ice Cones?  ;)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »
I really like fishing with tinkerbell.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 12:38:48 PM »
Lmfao you guys are something else!

Tom rasta don't eat no sno-cones ;) hot cheetos mexican style (chilli sauce and lemon/lime juice) and a choco taco to cool the heat off.

@ squatch hit me up sometime and she'll roll. U anti social curmudgeon B)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 12:18:23 PM »
Awesome job. Man, I love that ice cream truck!
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 08:34:16 PM »
Awesome job. Man, I love that ice cream truck!
He's there every night.  :)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.