Author Topic: 2021 Goals - Not Accomplished  (Read 1595 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
2021 Goals - Not Accomplished
« on: November 12, 2021, 11:54:07 AM »
Jeezus.....  Went out with my lobster guru hoping to get limits of bugs for the evening.  I told him to not ask me any ideas as I always seem to only get 2-3 legals on average and need some fresh thoughts on what to do...

Conditions were spectacular!

Had prime spots inside the inlet and some great spots on the oustside to boot!

This is going to be success!  I can feel it... or I'm at least feeling something....

Time to start pulling...

A little something from when we were launching... a guy said he's been out every day this week and the lobster fishing sucked.  We brushed it off as not to be discouraged. 

You know what?  he was right..  Not a thing in any net.  Not a swimming crab, not a tiny roach, not even an isopod...

About 11:00 and we finally had signs of life and had 2 shorts and a few legal red rock crab.

I had a glove on to protect the friggand huge hole in my hand.  Before I left to meet up with my buddy, i had a knife that I tried attaching to my Grunden suspenders in case of emergency.  I gave it a test run and when re-sheathing it, missed the hard holster and put a 1/2" wide by 1/2" deep hole between my thumb and forefinger..  What a terrible spot!  Ugh..

That was it... we were done and stopped the bleeding by calling it the night.  At least we didn't lose a trap this time, but I guess my lobster limit will have to wait until the next 49 days...

Thanks for reading.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Goals - Not Accomplished
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 02:49:17 AM »
The boat's running Tom, life is good.  Hope the hand heals quickly
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 08:05:59 AM »
Conditions have been great the last couple days, too bad it didnt equate to good bug hunting. Sounds like a rough hand injury.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 07:36:59 AM »
Ouch !! This is better than an engine problem at least ;D Keep the wound clean :)