Author Topic: Being Sneaky In Florida - Part 2 (8/12-8/19)  (Read 412 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Being Sneaky In Florida - Part 2 (8/12-8/19)
« on: November 23, 2023, 08:32:00 AM »
The Continental...

So this was the "Retirement Community" we were supposed to stay in and not the Villages.  This one had all of the old growth swamp alongside lakes and waterways everywhere.  We stopped by just to see how far along the place was getting to be completed in the renovation.  Of course, I packed my little pea shooter I knick-named "Arizona Pride".

The name of the creek reminded me of Koga for some reason.

That little bugger can cast an easy 20-35 feet which was quite impressive for a little gadget reel.  Not to mention the adjustable drag works!

I caught a half dozen bluegill in assorted "Black-water" colors and it was fun haring the drag rip out on these squirts!

I caught multiple bluegill in so many color varieties.  This one almost looked Leucistic.

Every "really" old person rolling by in their golf carts were making fun of me and "Arizona Pride", but got a good kick out of it.  They all also said I was fishing way too close to the shore as there is a few 8-10 foot gators that live in this little creek-side area.  Point well taken.

Fun was over and we went back to the Villages.  As everyone was getting ready for dinner, I grabbed the telescoping rod and ran to the retention pond.  Here I noticed that there were no bass in here, but all cats filling the role of the bass and eating bait.  They couldn't swim at the bottom and the rish of getting caught in the netting, so just smasked bait at the surface.  I tied on an LC and got instantly bit!

I tied on the MC again and IT got slammed!  2 cats in 5 casts on lures!

It actually busted the hooks on it so that lure was now out of my scope for the week, but I figured it out.  Back to the house to get ready for dinner and I even got ready before them all and caught a couple of  fish.

I know where I'm fishing the next few mornings... and I need to get back to Kogahead Creek to see what's in that dirty puddle of water.

...Time to prep the turkey, so part 3 coming later this morning.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Being Sneaky In Florida - Part 2 (8/12-8/19)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 10:26:02 AM »
Solid action! Kinda crazy for them to put cats in a pond where they can hardly sit on the bottom. Seems like you’re figuring it out over there. What were you getting the bluegills on?

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Being Sneaky In Florida - Part 2 (8/12-8/19)
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 06:42:47 PM »
The Arizona Pride is pretty impressive  :)