Author Topic: New and used boats  (Read 1686 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
New and used boats
« on: August 09, 2021, 10:24:41 PM »
 Cant buy a new boat off the showroom floor, nobody has any and if you order one they are months out. Used boats are around but they are damn near as expensive as new ones. Craigslist in Utah and Florida are loaded with a variety and seem pretty reasonably priced.....Am I missing something or is Ca. just hosing the consumer during the so called crisis/pandemic. Looks like I may have to think outside the box ::) One boat I liked was 43k with the trailer in 2019 and now it is 63k without the trailer >:( >:( >:( >:(

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: New and used boats
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 05:08:33 AM »
Boats from Florida and the South East have usually more issues due to humidity, rain, storms, hurricanes, or possible flooding that they can clean up real quick for a fast resell.  Also, there are tons of watersheds out there and ramps like every few miles so the ratio of boats to people make supply high and demand low.  We have little of the way in boat rot and unfortunately have probably 40 miles between ports as well as most of the lakes, rivers, bays and ocean are not like the public access out there.  All in all, we have low supply and high demand.  They are still selling new boats out there for as expensive as they sell here, but the used boat market is significantly higher out here for most of those reasons.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 07:04:08 AM »
Hopefully I wont need a surveyor, a new boat is always nice for warranty and piece of mind, but it's hard to swallow the price increase. Sitting at the computer and researching different makes and models sure increases the the desire to just buy a new one, but can't even look at one other than online. Maybe when the bubble pops things will be more available. Can't get chlorine, large cups at a drive thru, lumber is outrageous and ammo is worth more than gold :o  ::)  Oh well, The Ass Rack may have to get me thru 2021 :)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 10:45:59 AM »
Long live the Ass Rack…

If you go early enough in the morning and walk some beaches you might find yourself a nice panga, and maybe a lil somethin somethin in it.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 04:19:38 PM »
Long live the Ass Rack…

If you go early enough in the morning and walk some beaches you might find yourself a nice panga, and maybe a lil somethin somethin in it.

Last one I came across had a dead body.

I didn’t find it, cops were there and weren’t letting anyone near.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 05:09:26 PM »
Long live the Ass Rack…

Like I said, a lil somethin somethin.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 06:03:49 PM »
Long live the Ass Rack…

Like I said, a lil somethin somethin.

Funny thing, I found a bale of sumpin sumpin on the beach one morning. Fished by it for an hour til it got light. Then I saw it.