Author Topic: SNBF Rules Clarification  (Read 15971 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
SNBF Rules Clarification
« on: March 04, 2015, 07:36:17 AM »
Good morning everyone.  With the Saturday Night Bat Fight fast approaching, I just want to clarify some of the rules to make sure everyone is on the same page.  The rules were always loosely written as there was no need to get all lawyer on them since there is no monetary value at stake, but I notice there is a need to clarify some of the rules.
In the meantime, I’ll clarify what Don and I have set up for all of the past Bat Fights. 

•   No yakking baits out – This is a shoreline casting event.
The reason for this is to show off your casting skills and/or improve on them. SoCal Big Game shore fishing style.

•   No fishing off Piers, Bridges, Docks, Bulkheads, Jettys.
There are a few reasons for this, but the most important reasons are for YOUR Safety and the Bat Rays Safety.  Fishing the rocks during the day or at night for Mud Marlin is not a safe bet for you or the fish.  You can fish for them 364 days a year that way if you like, but on the Bat Fight, it’s all about safety  and all of these structures have a high danger limit to them when dealing with big gear, rods and fish.  It was never allowed in the past and will not be allowed in the future Bat Fights.

•   Buddy System – For many reasons, it has to be on a buddy system.  There are going to be a bunch of satellite groups out there, but there must be two fishermen at every location.  Unless you have 4 arms to hold the tape taut over the bats back and take a picture… you need two people.  To keep ‘em honest and another safety factor.

All of the rules are pretty straight forward and I will make them clearer in future events, but I wanted to clarify the ones that I am being asked the most… or at least being brought to my attention. 
I hope this helps and sorry if it doesn’t mesh with your strategy, but this was the event that was created.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.