Author Topic: Live sheepheads at H-Mart  (Read 2074 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Live sheepheads at H-Mart
« on: May 30, 2016, 10:33:09 AM »
Took kids to there to stock up on stuff and we always stop by seafood section to check things out.

I know they're destined for someone's plate, but couldn't help feeling sad for them in that little tank.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Live sheepheads at H-Mart
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 03:26:43 PM »
I felt the same way when I saw the live fish in the tank of 99 ranch market

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »
THere were some largemouth in one tank and wasn't sure if it was legal so I contacted the DFW via email and informed them. They responded that it was legal if they were farm raised which they likely were. They said they do undercover check ups on these places.

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 05:03:55 PM »
THere were some largemouth in one tank and wasn't sure if it was legal so I contacted the DFW via email and informed them. They responded that it was legal if they were farm raised which they likely were. They said they do undercover check ups on these places.
I know they do because they thought I was one time when they saw me talking pics of their various "bait" selection. The mamager came up & asked me if I was associated with any "department" and if I wasn't, to please stop taking pics...lol. Some of those places get real nervous if they see you snapping pics.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 06:44:05 AM »
I know they do because they thought I was one time when they saw me talking pics of their various "bait" selection. The mamager came up & asked me if I was associated with any "department" and if I wasn't, to please stop taking pics...lol. Some of those places get real nervous if they see you snapping pics.

That's funny! I might try that just for the heck of it.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.