Author Topic: Daddy Daughter Date 11/19/15  (Read 1395 times)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Daddy Daughter Date 11/19/15
« on: November 20, 2015, 11:57:55 AM »
Since I'd taken the boys out fishing lately, by daughter has been begging for her turn.  I've been wanting to get back on the sand, but didn't feel right doing a trip for me before I took her out.  It makes my heart so happy that all my kids like to fish, and I think my daughter enjoys it even more than the boys  :)
The anticipation made my work day take forever, but finally it was time to load the gear and head to the harbor!
We got settled just after sunset.  She was using squid on a carolina rig while I soaked big chunks of mack in hopes of another shot at that harbor monster.  We fished until 8:30 or so when it started to get chilly.  Result: Bailey 5 croaker, daddy 0.  I didn't even get a nibble, but we had a blast!  She did have one solid hookup that busted the 6 lb leader, that got her blood pumping  ;D

First little croaker

Her biggest

Couldn't ask for more!

I am blessed! :)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Daddy Daughter Date 11/19/15
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 12:06:16 PM »
Right on dad.

TheCraftsman

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 01:23:35 PM »
Awesome Chad! You got a beautiful family brother....
What did the big bite your daughter got look like? Smooth hound?

Also... Ive had the best luck for bats in that spot during slack tides.. Highs and lows... I think they forage the inlets when the tide is moving fast then head through the boating channel when the current is settled down... Just a guess. But also the farther cast the better right there, if you can get half way across (at least 80-100yds) you are in some really good bat country...
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 05:33:50 PM »
Great report and reminds me to get my daughter out fishing really soon.

Bravo Boss!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.