Poll

Pick the Saturday Night Bat Fight Date for 2023

Saturday March 11, 2023
2 (50%)
Saturday April 15, 2023
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: January 30, 2023, 09:06:29 AM

Author Topic: Pick the Saturday Night Bat Fight Date for 2023  (Read 1249 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Pick the Saturday Night Bat Fight Date for 2023
« on: January 16, 2023, 09:06:29 AM »
So, I want to keep the event on the same week every year which is the night before the time change.  Historically the bats are usually around no matter what all winter in SoCal , but the last 6 years have seen less and less bats.  There are many theories and reasons behind the vanishing act, but the events have been pretty slow to say the least. 

This year I am going to put to a vote what day you would like to have the Bat Fight.  I only have 2 days available, so choose the day that you would like to see the event.  I'll run the poll up for a week (+/- a few days) before I make it official, but here's your chance to vote for your choice.

The dates are to avoid many of the big events that happen every Spring in SoCal, so you actually have places to fish without all the areas being packed with event-goers.  (No other options are on the table, so please do not suggest any other dates or weekends)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Pick the Saturday Night Bat Fight Date for 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 11:29:25 AM »
Only leaning into the March date as I figure work will pick back up in April with rockfish opener, whereas I haven’t gotten a call to be deckie since November….should be able to do both though, albeit the later a few less hours of potential time spent fishing.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 01:53:40 PM »
I can make April repping TEAM AZ!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile