Author Topic: Merry Cyclops  (Read 2390 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Merry Cyclops
« on: December 22, 2022, 07:58:54 PM »
 Well the season is winding down and I wanted to get in some Rockfish action before it shuts down ;) Planned on leaving here at 5am but my dad's truck broke down right around the corner from my house so I had to hop in my Jeep and tow him into my yard, that put us almost 40 minutes behind schedule ::) Not to worry, we got to South Shores to a beautiful 45 degrees :o Glad I brought some sweat pants :)

Found a few favorite spots but we were off to a very slow start even though conditions were perfect :( Max had no problem finding Mackerel with the Sabiki :)

We scooted around quite a bit but the damn Sand Dabs were everywhere, which told me we were in the wrong spot :( :( I think the Macs wore out Max ;D

After fishing in the 250 foot spots, we headed in shallow to 120-150 feet and the bite seemed to come together, my dad finally got a player other than Dabs and Macs 8)

After a few drifts and bait thieves, I got slammed and I knew it was good so I yelled for the net from Mr. Sleepy Boy up front :o

We scratched a few more small fish and only one Whitefish and we called it a day at 2:05 PM. I headed back to Mission Bay at 25-30 MPH, 15 minutes we were at the inlet, smooth ride :) Got to the launch ramp to a super low tide :o I put Bad Pig in 4WD just in case ;) Got home a bit after 4 PM  and washed up the gear and The Cyclops and bagged up all the Mackerel for Bat Fight bait :D
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year  8) 8)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 05:50:53 AM by Tim524 »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Cyclops
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 11:04:48 AM »
Wow!  Congrats on that toad of a Red, Tim!  Bravo sir!

Happy Holidays and glad to see the guys all getting in on fish.  It is beautiful weather out there for sure!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 02:08:28 PM »
Nice day and great red! Rockfish are underrated fighters, and I’m sure that one dogged you good.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 05:24:24 AM »
Nice red, and Merry Christmas to you and yours
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 06:35:28 AM »