Author Topic: Quiet Check-In  (Read 3736 times)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Quiet Check-In
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2022, 11:05:11 AM »
Haven't been fishing at all in the last few months since I was focused on hunting.
Got skunked this season on elk and deer, but I'm learning a lot and was able to at least see some animals, so that's encouraging.  I'm learning new areas and tracking skills.  Got out of my rig in the dark one morning to the serenade of wolves not far off.  What an awesome sound! 

Lately it's just been craziness of preppping for the holidays and keeping up with the weather.  Lots of snow this winter.

Currently 16* and dumping snow.  It's supposed to be -10* for the low tomorrow.  Still loving it!

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2022, 11:10:05 AM »
 Just doing odds and ends around here, kids out of school for winter break so fishing is on the books. A big CONGRATS to Verne !!!

Ethansauce_

• Shovelnose
  • mackerel slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2022, 11:31:52 AM »
Congrats Verne!! Unlike Verne, I've been getting cold feet just about every time I think about going fishing. Finally put my big boy pants on and went out last night with some success. I left a report in the other forum.
Getting skunked on land, pier, and kayak since 01'

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2022, 05:58:28 AM »

Happy Holidays, Tom. Hope your dinner and drinks turned out great. We have family coming in tomorrow so I'm gearing up to play cook as well.

But, I don't want to hear any gripes about the cold. It's -15F and that's going to be our high today, with a low near -40 tonight. Gonna warm up to 45F this weekend, however.

Gotta go snowblow right now and try not to die, lol!

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2022, 07:24:21 AM »
After seeing this I LOVE ARIZONA!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2022, 08:33:01 AM »

But, I don't want to hear any gripes about the cold. It's -15F and that's going to be our high today, with a low near -40 tonight. Gonna warm up to 45F this weekend, however.

Hahahaha, yep and NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I got your card and thanks Mike!  Happy Holidays!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2022, 06:18:33 AM »

Hahahaha, yep and NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I got your card and thanks Mike!  Happy Holidays!

Same to you, Tom!

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2022, 06:21:24 AM »
Haven't been fishing at all in the last few months since I was focused on hunting.
Got skunked this season on elk and deer, but I'm learning a lot and was able to at least see some animals, so that's encouraging.  I'm learning new areas and tracking skills.  Got out of my rig in the dark one morning to the serenade of wolves not far off.  What an awesome sound! 

Currently 16* and dumping snow.  It's supposed to be -10* for the low tomorrow.  Still loving it!

I bet that was cool, Chad, hearing those wolves!

I guess it got to -59F somewhere in Northern Idaho. Glad that wasn't you. I assume you're now experiencing the heat wave we're getting. Should be +50F tomorrow!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2022, 10:25:17 AM »
I bet that was cool, Chad, hearing those wolves!

I guess it got to -59F somewhere in Northern Idaho. Glad that wasn't you. I assume you're now experiencing the heat wave we're getting. Should be +50F tomorrow!

Mike,
It was such an awesome sound!  I decided to get back in my truck until it was a little lighter out so I could see better, haha!

We only got down to -14, but wow, that was cold enough!  High 40's and rain today make for quite a mess with all the snow.