Author Topic: Sunset Variety Hour 5/6  (Read 102 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Sunset Variety Hour 5/6
« on: May 06, 2024, 09:15:43 PM »
Made the effort and got out for an after work session. Met up with Tommy and almost all the other Charkbait employees.

Approximately 1700 start time. 10-20mph head wind to start and structure not filled in. Woof. Got a croaker bite real quick out of one of the few holes, but the leader failed mid-line. Hmm. Cherry on top was wind surfers flying over my line every minute or so. Could have bopped them on the head any time. Thankfully they got done jogging the same circles by 1715 and Tommy/friends arrived shortly after. I threw c-rig crack while they threw iron. I said hi to Tommy while the rest of the crew was well up the beach already. I nabbed a nice croaker.

Then a couple BSP about ye big.

Tommy left me in the dust, right when I nabbed a corbina!

The crew had all but abandoned me by this point, but I was slow to keep up because I was getting bit. Variety continued when I found a section full of wallies! Pretty good size ones in there too.

Ran out of gulp, moved to the grub with a little pro-cure. Lost my confidence with the grub a while ago but tonight renewed it. Bite didn't slow down as I nabbed a couple more WSP. Then the 10th fish of the night, jacksmelt. Why not!

Next fish up, f@ck it eh, come join the party! Queenfish!

Capped the evening with another solid YFC.

Caught up with the crew and they'd had a slow pick on croakers and beans the whole time. Stoked on a dozen total and 6 species.

Hope Tom is beating the wind and racking up the variety in Kauai!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 10:39:37 AM by jrodda »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Sunset Variety Hour 5/6
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 10:14:00 PM »
First off, I would die for 10-20 in my face wind right now!

Other than that, Bravo Boss!  Well done on the surf critters!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 03:29:54 AM »
Stoked on a dozen total and 6 species

Outstanding Jeremy, I can't remember the last time I caught multiple fish off the sand
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 06:30:23 AM »
 Nice Variety Pack. The beaches will soon be a Zoo when school lets out, glad you found some players .

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 09:42:55 AM »
Nice Variety Pack. The beaches will soon be a Zoo when school lets out, glad you found some players .

Oi, you’re right. The afternoons are gonna become a circus in no time. Gotta cram some sessions in before then.