Author Topic: Nothing but more warm water  (Read 1399 times)

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Nothing but more warm water
« on: July 24, 2017, 11:19:32 AM »
Headed up to SB County on Sunday all day & into the night in search of water maybe a few degrees cooler and grinner holding...Didn't find it. Came across alot of pockets that even felt luke warm.Conditions actually seemed too calm, 0-1? surf, no wind, no whitecaps, almost glassy even into the afternoon, sunny, high underwater visibility, almost no current, not much tidal movement.. But there was big patches of chopped up salad in some places... kinda of strange not to have any indication of it on my pole tip but when I go to reel in to check my bait find out a 50lb clump had slowly been stacking and gathering up on my connection knot. Even the light rod fishing was super tough and not much at all wanting to play...just one of those lethargic weekends it seemed, couldn't even find a SNG...  :-[
Such is fishing...fortunately conditions are ever-changing...
JOE

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing but more warm water
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 12:05:27 PM »
It was no better out at sea.  Even when we found fish, nothing wanted to bite.

I'm hoping to catch me a hammerhead out of the surf here soon.  It just feels about right.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing but more warm water
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 12:43:46 PM »

I'm hoping to catch me a hammerhead out of the surf here soon.  It just feels about right.   ;D

That'd be awesome, but I just don't see that happening. Pessimist I be. This warm water really sucks for our local grinner fishing. 
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)