Author Topic: Cove Kitty  (Read 1950 times)

Mateo

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
Cove Kitty
« on: September 18, 2016, 12:33:41 AM »
Got to the spot at sundown and set up base. Lots of people down there but none in the water. Lots of weeds but mostly eel grass. A hour in got a reel screamer . Turned into a 3' Leo.  Didn't tape it . Took a mac head.  Kate got a 13" Calico  on Humboldt squid chunk. couldn't get the flash to work so no pic. We figured it out right after the release of course. Fun little session with lots of stolen baits. And some strong hits.    

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Cove Kitty
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 11:08:21 AM »
That's a nice little spot you found.  The bait stealers have been out in force lately, but that is a good sign of life in the area.  When the big sharks start rolling in again, that spot seems to have all the right ingredients for sevens and soupies.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Mateo

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 11:40:48 AM »
A few years ago my friend Adam hooked up to something big here. We watched the line go sideways and a little seal started jumping ahead fleeing from whatever that was hooked! Eventually it cut us off. Lots of reef and kelp so really need heavy gear here to stop them in their wake.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 12:03:41 PM »
A few years ago my friend Adam hooked up to something big here. We watched the line go sideways and a little seal started jumping ahead fleeing from whatever that was hooked! Eventually it cut us off. Lots of reef and kelp so really need heavy gear here to stop them in their wake.

Perfect area from the sounds of it.  I can't wait to see what you get this fall!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 12:22:14 PM »
Consistent on those leopards!  8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 12:53:07 PM »
Nice indeed, been since Feb since I've seen a leo on the end of my line   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 07:21:03 AM »
Two of my buds were going down there and saw you from up on the hill. That's a great spot but really just enough room for two rods 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?