Author Topic: Sunday MB Leftover leftover leftovers (11/30/14)  (Read 2591 times)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
Sunday MB Leftover leftover leftovers (11/30/14)
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:53:20 PM »
Had a window of opportunity on Sunday morning and the boys chimed in they'd like to tag along before heading out to the surf.
I caught 5 bass on Saturday, so figured we'd go back to the same basic area (Fluc-u-asians & Tecolote).

Started off at the point and made our way towards the Hilton. I hooked up first, tiny bugger, and that would be my only fish of the day. :-(

Cam gets a bite and scores his first MB bass ... a decent 12"er.

Then backs it up with the twin to my catch

Missed a few more short bites and decided it was time to move. Figure the EDC had done its job pounding out the area and giving lock-jaw-a-plenty.

Saw two familiar anglers on the bay side and walked over to say Hello. Phong and Nicky doing their thing, but also reported slow fishing. I think the wind from the south and pre-storm-like conditions put the bite off.

We ventured over to tecolote shore and lost a few more fish before Alika put his on the board. Another nice 12" guy which put up a decent fight.

That was it for the morning and called it quits at 9:30. Was fun to get out, just wish conditions were more productive for the NewBs. There's always next time  ;) :)

Aloha

WMBeer

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday MB Leftover leftover leftovers (11/30/14)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 01:23:48 PM »
Excellent guiding Dave. You need to get them on some mud marlin to scare them a little. Lol

Well done guys. The winter bay fishing is always a great time.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday MB Leftover leftover leftovers (11/30/14)
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 02:04:07 PM »
Dang those guys are big now.