Author Topic: Happy Thanksfishing! (11/27)  (Read 3095 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksfishing! (11/27)
« on: November 27, 2014, 08:05:21 PM »
Only had a short time in the morning to sneak out and go fishing before heading home to throw the bird in the oven.  My daughter wanted to go, so how could I say no?  :D

The EDC got together also today to slay some bass in the bay, but I didn't have a whole lot of time to head out and meet up with them.  They definitely got it done.

Our morning started at 6:45 down at the bay pumping shrimp.  I was hoping it was going to be a quick one so we could get more fishing in, but of course it took longer than I thought.
We did see a whale soon as we got there though!

My daughter got a kick out of the parade of birds following me as I was pumping the holes.  This egret was almost underfoot at times!

I thought I saw a big hole when I realized it was something else.  Not pro here, but crack or meth are the first things that come to mind.

We got 15 and that was enough to grab the rods and start soaking.

Within a few minutes she was stoked to have something big on!  I had to help hold the rod as it was giving her some trouble, but she scored!  Just then about a dozen people were stopped and cheered for her and someone else came down to take a picture for us.  I never realized how introverted my daughter still is.  She clammed up and the big smile went away as she didn't like all of the attention.  No matters, daddy was proud!  ;D

We should have had a dozen more fish, but Hannah just loved watching the rod go bendo!  She would run to me to let me know before running back to grab the rod.  I tried to tell her just to grab the rod first, but she was way too excited to listen to me.  LOL

We're Bit!

She did get a few, but one was a huge white perch all on her own.  She actually set the hook like a pro and quickly subdued the gnarley beast.  ::)

Well, we fished until 9:15 and packed it in.  Not much time fishing, but we were on a schedule and got home at 10:00 on the dot!  I had to stop at 7-11 first so I could get her a Breakfast Slurpee and Slim Jim.  Not exactly what mom wanted to see, but she deserved it.

Happy Thanksfishing everyone.  I'm in a food coma as I type this.  8)

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksfishing! (11/27)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 08:08:53 PM »
That's just awesome man, congrats on the quality fishing time before turkey time 8)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 09:30:42 PM »
Good job on the quality time sesh boss!

Btw definitely a crack/meth pipe, glad no one stepped on it

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 06:00:52 AM »
 Right on, Hannah. Those are some nice fish.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 07:35:43 AM »
The last few pictures are priceless................................kudos for taking the kid  8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

greyhoundfan

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 01:39:30 PM »
Might have my boy and his BFF out there tomorrow.  Great pics