Author Topic: Rolling, Rolling, Rolling, Keep Those Kitty's Rolling (11/25)  (Read 3348 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Rolling, Rolling, Rolling, Keep Those Kitty's Rolling (11/25)
« on: November 26, 2014, 06:55:34 AM »
OK, maybe that was a bad take on Rawhide, but it will all make sense. 

Steve and I hit the bay instead of the surf and was hoping for a big night.  The tides were perfect for where we fish and things were starting to look good.  We got a lot of bites, but no real takers when all of a sudden we heard a "bang" followed by a sharp grinding sound.  Steve yells to me, LOOK!  I turn to see a tire rolling, rolling, rolling down the beach, probably 250 yards or more right into the bay.  We looked back to see the front right tire fell off this ladies car and the tire just wanted to leave the scene of the accident.  Steve did the right thing by going to retrieve it for her, but the tire started floating off!  :o
He managed to get it and I was half expecting him to walk it back over to our chairs and say "This is a marine salvage, look for the tire on Craig's List tomorrow if you want it back".  HA! Instead he did the right thing and haul that tire all the way back to her. It was funny, he said she didn't thank him for bringing the tire back, but she said thanks after he told her that he was glad she was alright.  Some people.

Then we had "Power SUPpers" acting like they were crew moving along the shore and I ran down letting them know we had fishing lines in the water... I must have said it 3 or 4 times before they ran into every one of our lines  and said "Fishing Line?"  ~sigh~

Then a lady went jogging by with 2 little off leash pooch's.  One went to grab my knife and I was kind enough to keep it from cutting it's throat when the lady came by to keep him moving.  Just them he lifted his leg to piss on my tackle bucket and I put my leg back like Janakowski ready to kick him through the uprights.  She yelled, "Don't worry, He's Dry!" I retorted "I was ready just in case" followed by her giving me the "Jerk".   ???

I then got one of the little bait stealers hooked up and it wound up being a legal bass.

The bites even became further and further apart and we were ready to call it the evening when my light stick went flying and my drag started screaming.  Knew it was a shark right away and put up a good fight.  A legit big boy Leopard!  It was really a clean one that was all lit up.

The release.

That was it.  We made one more cast before Steve's timer went off and we packed it in.  The fishing wasn't spectacular, but the "Other" stuff sure made for an interesting evening.

Thanks for reading and until next tide....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling, Rolling, Rolling, Keep Those Kitty's Rolling (11/25)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 07:22:16 AM »
Definitely an interesting evening. That tire rolling across the sand was crazy.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 08:38:59 AM »
Steve, you might have a little NJ in you after all.  Wilbur's comment to the pictures I posted was "In jersey we would have gladly sold it back to her."

ha ha ha ha!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:24:16 AM »
I was trying for a little instant karma. Maybe it is just delayed.

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 02:26:45 PM »
haha that's crazy. Good job on the nice leopard though!

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 03:51:28 PM »
Nice work Tommy,  hopefully I can find one tonight! I think I'm over due...

greyhoundfan

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 05:11:39 PM »
Now if Ms Germany dropped by for a visit that would have topped it off.  Great night fellas.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 12:34:18 AM »
classic read. The drop kick would have been epic !  ;D ;D