Author Topic: So Frustrating...  (Read 1668 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
So Frustrating...
« on: July 22, 2023, 07:45:53 PM »
New HDS Live arrived today!  Time to remove the old unit and install the new one!  I was beyond stoked!

I took my time and spent a few hours removing the old transducer, wires and mounting bracket while re-running the new transducer wire up through the center console.  I was making sure everything was perfect for the payoff at the end when I hit power for the big reveal!

It turned out exactly as expected....  Nothing.... No beeps, no power to the unit...  I grabbed the voltmeter and of course was getting power up to the back of the unit, but it just wouldn't power up...  I'm so disgusted right now....

Was hoping to test it out tomorrow, but that's a wash.  I'll just try again tomorrow....   Maybe I'll just fish from shore to get my fix in before returning and trying to troubleshoot again. 

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: So Frustrating...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 04:23:31 AM »
No insult intended Tom, just a thought.  Did you check the ground?
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 06:15:03 AM »
After getting a good night sleep and not working on it aggravated, I went back and started to go over every possible option to make sure it was the head unit and not something on my end.  Working in that tight little hatch was a pain in the ass, but I realized that the connection between the inline fuse wasn't working.  The blade fuse in it looked perfect, but for some reason was not getting power through (or at least intermittent power as my voltmeter was reading power).

Regardless, I rewired a new inline fuse and it all works!  Now I'm just having trouble getting the bluetooth/apps/WFi to talk to each other, but I'm sure that's just a me problem.  lol

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 12:02:37 PM »
Oh hell yeah, glad you figured it out Tom
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2023, 06:01:14 PM »
Success!

I'm downloading some super HD charts now....