Shore Fishing > Freshwater Shore Fishing Reports

Pond Chickens and Puddle Shad Spawn (4/13)

(1/2) > >>

Latimeria:
Just a Place Holder until later....

Not much, but went down to the puddles on Saturday morning.  Lots of bass guys, but I just set out a few trout/cat rods.  Got another pond chicken.

Bass were busting up all over the place on little micro bait.  Looked like a shad spawn just happened.  I tied on a tiny swimbait...

...and on my second cast, scored! Absolutely gorgeous markings on it!

Then I was covered with bass guys.  I saw a 5# and a few 2.5# fish caught before I decided to leave the crowds.

I went to my tree spot and got another bass, albeit a smaller model.  Me trying to get some actions shots proved fruitless as he jumped, splashed me with nasty water and swam away.

This crayfish he spit up literally smelled like a turd!

I ran home for lunch and came back at the end of the day to totally different conditions.  Windy... Choppy Ponds... Tons of people.... and tons of fishermen...  I found an open spot and just cast and soaked for a bit.  I had two good bites, but neither stuck so I got the afternoon goose egg.  Still, I cant beat the proximity to the house.  lol

Oh, but the pm session wasn't a bust.  I did a quick little rock painting.  I actually did 2, but left the rough one at the lake for someone to find.

Thanks for reading!

jrodda:
Nice fish!

Latimeria:

--- Quote from: jrodda on April 16, 2024, 01:15:08 PM ---Nice fish!

--- End quote ---

lol

vdisney:
Nice bass, the proximity to the house is killing me.  Digging the painted rock

jrodda:
There we go. That is a really pretty green bass. I also really like the rock painting. Time well spent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version