Author Topic: Plan-B (10/8)  (Read 2598 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Plan-B (10/8)
« on: October 08, 2023, 03:37:46 PM »
I was really excited to head out for a big trip this weekend, but stuff happens.  Sounds like there is more damage than initially thought to the trainer and maybe some light hull damage.
In any case, I needed to get out for a few hours at some point.  My boat wasn't near close to being ready today and with the fog alerts, it wasn't an option.

I ran down to the bay for a quick session and to stop by Seaforth to get a Lobster License.  Fog didn't look too bag, but it literally came in and drifted out all morning.  It would have been tough without radar.

Tried topwater for corvina and instead somehow got caught up in drug fueled battle with guys threatening to stab and rip the other person in half.  Why the f@ck they always want to come up to me is a mystery, but what idiots....

I switched up to bass and took a long walk to get away from these dodos.  I went 1 for 6 on the weedless swimbait, so switched up to an underspin and my hookup rate was greatly improved.  I quickly went 15 for 20 right after changing out my lure. 

Most bass were small, but I got a few nicer grade fish.

I really love the underspins, but I couldn't coherse anything exotic to take the bait.  Just Spotties.

I did one good one in the mix that was a legal (14").

I wrapped it up and ran to Seaforth for a Lobster License.  While I was there I spied a ton of Garibaldi and Opaleye.  I tied a small bait rig together and tried, but all they did was swim under rocks to get away, so I let it alone and headed back to the shop.

Looks like I'll be helping him fix the trailer the next few weeks so hopefully the fix is quicker than it seems.  lol

Thanks for reading and until next tide.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Plan-B (10/8)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 09:22:12 PM »
Nice spotty action. Sounds like you met my old roommates out there!

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 04:36:44 AM »
The fog was pretty Gnarly, looks like you had fun regardless  8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 05:11:49 AM »
16 bass for 'Plan B' sounds good to me, I fished yesterday for a grand total of ZERO.  Good luck with the repairs
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect