Author Topic: RSK (22APR2019)  (Read 2113 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
RSK (22APR2019)
« on: April 22, 2019, 04:30:35 PM »
Once the kids got to bed, jumped on 8N rushed south to join in on the fun. It took a while for the fun to start, but finally got my first and second 7gill of the year and my first leopard shark. Mackerel for the leo and bonito for the 7gills. Both 7gills were males, 70' and 82". Leo was 56". The 7gills were caught on the outgoing tide. The little 7gill had someone else's hook in his mouth. I tried to pull it out, but it was maybe a 6/0 light wire circle with a very short length of mono that was totally embedded in the roof of his mouth. It was pretty recent as the hook was baited with bat ray. Grunion even made a solid showing. Called it at 1am... pretty long night.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: RSK (22APR2019)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 04:36:20 PM »
Once the kids got to bed, jumped on 8N rushed south to join in on the fun. It took a while for the fun to start, but finally got my first and second 7gill of the year and my first leopard shark. Mackerel for the leo and bonito for the 7gills. Both 7gills were males, 70' and 82". Leo was 56". The 7gills were caught on the outgoing tide. The little 7gill had someone else's hook in his mouth. I tried to pull it out, but it was maybe a 6/0 light wire circle with a very short length of mono that was totally embedded in the roof of his mouth. It was pretty recent as the hook was baited with bat ray. Grunion even made a solid showing. Called it at 1am... pretty long night.

Congrats, on a great night of fishing Mike!

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 04:57:14 PM »
Nice work Mike! Congrats the the 7's. I told you you could only catch one though  :P sorry I couldn't make it out last night, 2 long nights on minimal sleep and a gluttonous easter feast got to me  :-\  kinda hard to believe my gut feeling on Friday lead to 9 grinners  8)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 04:57:34 PM »
Nice.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 04:59:15 PM »
Nice work Mike! Congrats the the 7's. I told you you could only catch one though  :P sorry I couldn't make it out last night, 2 long nights on minimal sleep and a gluttonous easter feast got to me  :-\  kinda hard to believe my gut feeling on Friday lead to 9 grinners  8)

All hail Joshtrodamus!! I needed your camera skills.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 06:47:07 PM »
1:00 in the morning???????  You earned those, congrats
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 10:14:10 PM »
Damn!  The shark list needs some serious updating now after only a day or two!  Nice Mike!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.