Author Topic: Fishing with Batsons (4/15)  (Read 1742 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Fishing with Batsons (4/15)
« on: April 16, 2016, 12:25:51 AM »
I got a text from Tammy Batson that her brother Bills' son was in town for Day at the Docks and was going to be here for 3 days.  She wanted to get her nephew out fishing his first night in town.

It was a last minute call, so I was up for whatever they wanted to do and Keller made the call to try for Corvina and Bass on the small gear.  He didn't bring his gear since he was out on such short notice, but I had more than enough to get us all out onto some fish! (well, theoretically....  :-[ )

We tried 6 of my favorite shore spots tonight and only got a couple of short bites on the swimmy.  I got one missed blow up on the spook, but it was more like a massive swirl than an actual blow up.  We gave it a valiant effort and cast for 3.5 hours for the big fat goose egg.  Dave told me the bay was slow as hell lately, but I wasn't expecting not even seeing a bass.  Oh well, it was great catching up with Tammy and meeting Keller.  The Batson family are truly good peeps and I'll go out of my way to hook any of them up.  I still can't thank them enough for hooking me (and Squatch) up with some of the finest salmon fishing up in Washington when we went to visit.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing with Batsons (4/15)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 12:54:41 AM »
Wicked Pissah lately .....good luck  8) 8) 8)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 06:08:47 AM »
Cool deal. Glad you were able to get them out at least.

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 11:14:16 AM »
I for some reason thought this was going to be a mud marlin report. Oh well next time you can put them on some fish!

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 07:10:29 PM »
thats how it goes...  bummer for them.
GET OUT AND GET BIT..