Author Topic: Embarcadero Park Pier  (Read 1945 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Embarcadero Park Pier
« on: October 24, 2021, 07:51:42 AM »
Has anyone fished the Embarcadero Park Pier before?  My buddy Andrew is flying in from VA beach and wants to do some fishing, but he's going to be car-less and stuck in the middle of the Gaslamp.  I only have a few nights that I'll be able to get down there and fish with him, so thinking of somewhere close.  With the storms rolling in, my truck going into the shop and having totally different work hours, I'm going to need to stay close to where he's staying and only have Tuesday and/or Wednesday to get out fishing with him.

Thanks guys....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Embarcadero Park Pier
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 08:27:04 AM »
Oddly enough it’s one of three places in the bay I’ve fished. Caught a dink sandie on a ghost shrimp, got enough bites to keep it interesting for a couple hours.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 05:04:38 AM »
Oddly enough it’s one of three places in the bay I’ve fished. Caught a dink sandie on a ghost shrimp, got enough bites to keep it interesting for a couple hours.

Thanks boss.  I'm thinking of bringing a hoop-net (in case) along with some assorted soakers... as well as some swimbait rods I suppose.  Only fished from my boat in that area and never did the pier.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 02:40:45 PM »
Last time I was there is when they lined the shore with new rocks. Many hadn't settled yet and were still loose. A few ended up rolling down to the waterline as I played hopskotch with them.  :D

Good shot at halibut on the Joe's Crab Shack side. On the pier itself there's plenty eel grass that hold bass and croakers. More sandy bottom out deeper. Tidal movement and wind can be a killer though.

The basketball courts has it's fair share of characters. A big fight broke out last time I was there as well but they stayed away from the pier. They since built that whole grass area so maybe the place has been gentrified???

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 09:55:27 PM »
Similar to Shelter Island pier, but with more spotties. I've found it to be better for hoopnetting too. I've seen more big leos caught from there soaking big mack chunks than any other bay pier.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 05:07:27 AM »
Thanks for all of the intel guys.  We didn't wind up there as Andrew wanted out of the city, so we hit MB instead.
I'll have the report up shortly.  8)