Author Topic: Saturday Leftovers 11/29  (Read 3151 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Saturday Leftovers 11/29
« on: November 30, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »
After Wednesday's successful Leopard hunt I had to get back down to the spot. Got there round the same time, tide was dropping to about the same -0.3 only a few hrs later. Same bait new batch, same beer new case ;) started out a Lil slower wind was a lot more present and the temperature had dropped below 60, burrr B) Managed to finish my 1st big eye and half my 2nd one before my squish rod went bendo. Figured it was a bat until I set the hook. She stared thrashing and the tell tale tail slaps began... Could it b the right kine???

Yeah buddy nice Lil Mama Kitty

Figured it was a decent start to hopefully another multiple Leo night. Unfortunately it slowed down to a crawl for the next hr and a half I got my baits pecked to death by $h!t skates n bass. Until I tossed out a whole 11" mini mack and was rewarded for my persistence with another screamer 15 minutes later. She was pissed and not a shark evident by the freight train runs and lack of tail slap and head shake. She put up a way bigger fight then how big she was. Thought for sure she was over 50" but a decent bat nonetheless ; )

Gave it another 2 soaks before the misses finished the last beer and we headed east to the hood for some grub and more big eyes. Not a terrible weekend hopefully I can find em again next week.

Rastafar-gone B)<===*~~~

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday Leftovers 11/29
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 12:01:06 PM »
Not bad at all.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 08:39:50 PM »
On a roll!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 07:10:45 AM »
Way to go man. You have those leopards tamed.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 10:43:51 AM »
Those are some good looking leftovers!

Well done once again Josh.  It's going to be a tough week with the rains hitting, but good luck if you get out tonight!   8)

The calm before the storm is always the best time to get out there and fish.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 11:12:04 AM »
Thanks guys definitely a nice way to end the long weekend. I'm still up in the air about tonight, but I think i jus might have to give it a shot since they seem to be on the prowl B)