Author Topic: Saturday Evening 5/2  (Read 2630 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Saturday Evening 5/2
« on: May 03, 2015, 09:35:53 AM »
 Spent the day doing the usual barn and family things, watching the surf report to see if the huge swell was going to materialize.

The cams looked good, so around 630 I jumped in the truck and took a ride. Tide was on the rise and my first choice was out. Nowhere to set up already.

Down the road to second choice and it looked like it would hold up. The weeds on the beach weren't too bad so things looked promising.

Got my gear set up, and for the second time in two trips the beacon attracted a child who had to hang out and help me fish. I let him hold the rod butt while the rod was in the holder. Man, was he stoked. Way less annoying with questions, and when mom and dad told him it was time to go, he thanked me for letting him help.

Weeds were a non issue, there were some bigger sets coming in that made me relocate my gear eastward a couple times, but overall very fishable.

I even had "The Man" roll up on me and tell me he thought it looked fishy. Thanks for the positive vibe.

Sat around watching my rod for a couple hours. Not a bite, not a stolen bait. Decided to move 50 yards north.

Set my rod holder, cast out and went to grab my gear. Just as I get my hands full, the clicker starts to sing. Damn, that was quick. Drop my gear and run faster than any of you would believe and grabbed the rod.

Fish On Bro. Short, uneventful fight, and I have a 3 foot range bat on the sand.

No pic since my gear was down the beach and it was just a little guy, so I let him go, then went to finish moving my gear.

Sent another bait out that sat awhile and got ganked with a couple clicks of the clicker.

Gave it another hour for nothing else and headed for home.

Missed the 6am call to action cause my old ass just aint up to it.

*Old sunset picture added just to make the report look nice.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday Evening 5/2
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »
No skunk!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 03:12:47 PM »
A surf bat always brings me up when all else fails, nice job on braving the surf and actively moving spots

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 03:15:55 PM »
My bad on the 6am call old guy... thought u woulda been on the sand already B) guess there's always Tuesday... MB? I heard that dude in the back brace was gonna be soakin ghosties ;)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 06:09:35 PM »
That's a pretty kick ass picture Steve 8) 8)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 12:32:34 PM »
Beat the Skunk!

But I heard the dude in the back brace is kinda messed up in the head because something went wrong with his surgery and now his pee pee doesn't work ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 07:29:08 AM »
I'm getting close....  I would be happy with a 3' bat right now!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 07:36:04 AM »
That's a pretty kick ass picture Steve 8) 8)

Exactly what I was thinking.................V
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect