Author Topic: Grinner Gathering  (Read 1748 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Grinner Gathering
« on: February 28, 2020, 06:30:24 AM »
So, I've toyed with the idea of having a springtime Grinner Gathering in the SNBF style of play.  The issue is the surf conditions and the salad bowl that usually forms the minute I pick a date.

I want to propose this.... 

A 2-Day event will be planned in April or May.  Both months are right in the heart of the shark season, but I will watch forecasts and when I see a trend showing up of small surf and good tides, I'll make the announcement of the 48 hour tournament.  Thus in actuality, it can be called in effect a week out.  No one has to get together, but they still have to measure the shark with a measuring device and show proof of the said measuring device.  It'll be a 2-day window so someone can fish overnight or fish a second day.  Maybe make it into a 3-day event...  I don't know, but I'm just spitting ideas out there.  I'll come up with some artwork for swag on the web-store since I don't have to vectorize my art for them and they do all the work for me so I'm not working 3-4 days behind a computer converting it to screen prints.

Just an idea that I'm spit balling.  Any thoughts?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
Re: Grinner Gathering
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 01:48:40 PM »
You'll get more guys fishing if you shared some of your hot spots with us!  ;D j/k

The last few gatherings have been plagued with weedy conditions, but it's cool to meet up with people from the board. I think the grinner gathering as more of a reason to get together rather than a competition. So, it doesn't matter if it's a one day or two day affair to me. I do remember back when there were actually sharks in the surf that I caught one during the first grinner gathering.  ;D
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 10:14:43 AM »
2 days does sound nice for the sake of competition and getting more grinners on the board, and if people could make it to 2 straight nights, we could bond quite a bit over being overly obsessed nut jobs, which is kind of  a heart warming thought.

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 02:31:35 PM »
You'll get more guys fishing if you shared some of your hot spots with us!  ;D j/k

The last few gatherings have been plagued with weedy conditions, but it's cool to meet up with people from the board. I think the grinner gathering as more of a reason to get together rather than a competition. So, it doesn't matter if it's a one day or two day affair to me. I do remember back when there were actually sharks in the surf that I caught one during the first grinner gathering.  ;D

He doesn’t have any secret spots. They’re all well known and easy access, he just follows the fish instead of going to the same beach for 9 months and catching for one month.

I like the idea. Kayak drops too? No illegal measurements of any protected fish.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:05:37 PM by Chris »
Keep it tight

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 03:44:53 PM »
I think Chris will back me up on this.

Just being at the right spot doesn’t always work either.