Author Topic: Mixed Emotions  (Read 1700 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Mixed Emotions
« on: September 21, 2021, 04:10:50 PM »
 Since we decided to buy a new boat after just buying the Tri-Toon boat back in June of 2020, we went back and forth about keeping it or selling it because originally the plan was to have a freshwater and saltwater boat :D After we picked out the new boat, Janie saw the issue was going to be shade ( I tried to tell her ) The Tri-Toon had plenty of it and the new boat only has a T-top. They make after market shade extenders so I am not too worried  but now that the Tri-toon has sold, I kind of miss it already :-[ We told ourselves if it didn't sell in a couple weeks that we would just keep it, but it sold in 3 days :o It was a nice roomy boat ( a living room on the water ) and it was perfect for us other than the fact it wasn't an ocean boat, but I knew that when I bought it. The Ass Rack filled that void until I got a wild hair to venture out into the big playground ;D So I am a bit sad knowing I can't fish Lake Skinner until the new boat arrives next Spring, ( 4 stroke motors only ) I guess I shouldn't feel too bad cause that gives me time to study up on wind, currents, swells and all the particulars of going outside the Bays and into the big pond ;) Hopefully I will have family reports of all of us catching more than just Spotted Bay Bass, like something we can actually BBQ 8) The Bay bass are fun to catch, don't get me wrong, but it's time to step up my game :) 2022 Saltwater Boat Fishing Reports are just around the corner ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 04:31:38 PM by Tim524 »

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Mixed Emotions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 07:20:43 PM »
Can’t wait to see the new boat.

That toon was a nice family outing platform though.

It will all work out.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 05:35:46 AM »
Yep, looking forward to seeing the new boat in action!  Get that grill fired up and find some new recipes!

As for the 'Toon, I wasn't sure what you were going to do with it.  Super fun family boat and from all the reports I've seen, but the kids will definitely love the new sense of adventure on the high seas and all the new sights and sounds from running on the big pond.  I think they'll love seeing the Grey Whale migration if the boat gets there in time.

I'm super stoked for you and a little jealous at the same time.  hahaha

Congrats again boss!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 09:02:57 PM »
Consider reading a book like Chapman Piloting for offshore boating safety if you’re studying. I skimmed through the one for small boat handling and learned some important nuggets. Too many fancy boaters clearly haven’t read up on much anything but I’m sure you’ll represent us well out there.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 08:44:49 AM »
Chapman is the bible for piloting.

2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)