Author Topic: YNP Labor Day Weekend '22  (Read 1732 times)

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
YNP Labor Day Weekend '22
« on: September 12, 2022, 06:06:53 AM »
My wife, dog, and I made it down to Yellowstone for the second time this year for the 150th celebration. I fished some new areas and my wife did this video of me fly casting (she straightens it after about 20 seconds). I'm sure I broke every casting rule in the book but I just try to get the fly on the water these days!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Ra0Da2kzw02-2A--qZjOQf7vz4XFPtj/view?usp=sharing

We also were able to get into the Park shortly after the flood in July. You can see the water color is different. I got a kick out of this baby bison running circles around its mother!:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zdxMT4h1wWELwc59xLpMaSuDn2MEXj9u/view?usp=sharing

Hope you can view the vids.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 06:42:07 AM by mdcesq »

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: YNP Labor Day Weekend '22
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 09:32:10 AM »
Fly Fishing is an art, looks like you are doing it well 8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 09:56:41 AM »
Good to see you on the board, hope all is well...........Verne
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 11:07:01 AM »
Great seeing a report Mike!  Long cry from Yellowtail fishing with conventional reels.  ;D

Oh, and I read a few more stories in the book and realize you are totally demented in some twisted way. LoL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 02:08:36 PM »
That Bison and calf was pretty cool to see.  The calf was all happy hooves!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 08:11:41 AM »
Fly Fishing is an art, looks like you are doing it well 8)

Many thanks, Tim. It was enough to produce a nice cutthroat. That was before a bison came up behind me and I had to get back in the RV!

Good to see you on the board, hope all is well...........Verne

All well here, Verne. Tx for asking. Hope you're catching some fish and enjoying life.

Great seeing a report Mike! Long cry from Yellowtail fishing with conventional reels.  ;D

Oh, and I read a few more stories in the book and realize you are totally demented in some twisted way. LoL

I wish I'd taken a picture of the cutthroat but I had difficulty unhooking it, even with a crushed barb, so I got it back in the water right away. Freshwater trout definitely are not as hardy as those SoCal saltwater species!

Demented and twisted is probably the greatest compliment a horror-fiction writer can receive, so thank you! Yeah, there's some warped stuff in there and it's best to read a few stories at a time with long breaks in between. You don't want to get too deep into my head, lol.

That Bison and calf was pretty cool to see. The calf was all happy hooves!

Yeah, it was a cool sight to see. I like the part at the end where the calf kicks up dust!