Boat Fishing > Saltwater Boat Fishing Reports

Paisan Opener 4/2/2024

(1/2) > >>

jrodda:
And I'm not kiddin' around!

Got lucky with my day off being the best conditions of the week. Was still a little worried about the half moon not pushing enough water but hoped for the best.

Launched 0700. Small but very mixed swell. Water on the inside looked like Koga's morning routine sewage spill. Woof!

Got to the grounds about 0815. 3 cattle boats, CSU research vessel of similar size looked like it was on a crew trip, and about 4 skiffs in the zone. Went 2/2 on the first drops for paisans, then drifted off it. Was pretty much the game. 12oz had scope but kept bottom just well enough. 5" flukes for bait. Paisans love finbait. Sanddabs were showing no mercy either. Caught 5 dabs and let all of them go except this absolute unit 12.5"er.

Not instant, but steady bite. Limited by 0945. First boat off the grounds. 9 paisan 1 red. Very simple trip. jrodda launch, jrodda catch limit, jrodda go home. Off the water before 1100.

Best of the day. 12.5" and 19".

Looks like about 4 dinners. Deep fried is coming first!

vdisney:
Very good, a perfect way to spend a day off.  Gotta ask, what's a Paisan?

jrodda:

--- Quote from: vdisney on April 03, 2024, 03:53:19 AM ---Very good, a perfect way to spend a day off.  Gotta ask, what's a Paisan?

--- End quote ---

Bocaccio.

Latimeria:
Well, well, well... It wasn't an April Fool's joke after all!  Nicely done Jeremy!

I definitely need to go back and check the regs.  I knew of the quota cut-back for reds, but still thought Salmon Grouper were 2 and heard the new total bag limit would be 5 fish in combination.  I guess that isn't in effect yet, so I will definitely dive back into the regs and figure it out before my next trip.

Well done sir!

Tim524:
You did well, Jrodda style pays off. The new Regs are kind of depressing, glad you got while the gett'n is good !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version