Author Topic: New gadget coming. Deeper Smart  (Read 2502 times)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
New gadget coming. Deeper Smart
« on: August 12, 2016, 11:47:54 AM »
Don't know if this will be cool or crap but is promising. Especially in canals to set bobber depths to fish.

Should arrive next week to make an IV run.

May be good for the surf to to survey some spots. Maybe it can pick up salad wads under the water and save rigs.

Jim

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Deeper-Smart-Sonar-Pro/2359347.uts?productVariantId=4832562&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04586412&rid=20&gclid=CMf5wuTDvM4CFciGfgodcF8MUQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: New gadget coming. Deeper Smart
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 12:34:52 PM »
Looks cool, too high tech for me though LOL!

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 11:32:48 PM »
Fancy! I wanna hear all about the results!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 06:27:24 AM »
Supposed to arrive Thursday. Checked the surf forecast and it is 6 foot predicted starting Thursday  >:(

Took some time off work Friday-Wednesday to run errands and get some fishing in. Looks like it will all be freshwater.

May take the gadget to lake Miramar or Murray for test runs.

Watched some British carp fishermen demo it and they mapped a lake for future use.

Jim

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 06:33:54 AM »
I've seen the ads for them.  They look pretty cool and will give you some valuable info, Jim!  I can't wait for the write up on it!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 07:13:33 AM »
tve been teetering between one of these or an underwater camera system. Glad you took the plunge Jim. Real curious to know what kind of readings it will take in surf like conditions where its being bounced around and also what you come up with to get it deployed out where you cast baits to. If anyone can figure out a way its you Jim.
As a side note, I find it strange that with all these techno advances that you cannot get an underwater wireless camera that can transmit a real time image or video to a moniter or cell phone. Theres either wireless cams that record and you have to download and view later or cams that give live imagery, but they are all wired to the monitor or viewing screen.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 08:18:33 AM »
tve been teetering between one of these or an underwater camera system. Glad you took the plunge Jim. Real curious to know what kind of readings it will take in surf like conditions where its being bounced around and also what you come up with to get it deployed out where you cast baits to. If anyone can figure out a way its you Jim.
As a side note, I find it strange that with all these techno advances that you cannot get an underwater wireless camera that can transmit a real time image or video to a moniter or cell phone. Theres either wireless cams that record and you have to download and view later or cams that give live imagery, but they are all wired to the monitor or viewing screen.

I'm sure the US military has one.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 10:25:54 AM »
Scheduled to arrive today so I may head down to some water tomorrow and start mapping.  8)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 05:30:48 PM »

GoPro will transmit to your iPhone and I've seen a few "security" cameras that do the same.
Keep it tight

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 09:00:03 PM »

GoPro will transmit to your iPhone and I've seen a few "security" cameras that do the same.

Trust me, I would be sending my go pro down on a heavy line, slide bait or trolley rig style, cast with a seperate rod, near where my bait was soaking if that was the case.Unfortunately once it's 6" to a foot underwater it won't transmit wireless.  :( Wi-fi signal can't really travel through water so a cable has to at least be run from the cam up to a booster transmitter or antenna on the surface that could then transmit wireless from there.