Author Topic: Gotta Love SoCal  (Read 1887 times)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
Gotta Love SoCal
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:03:02 AM »
Hit our new AO Saturday around 3. Matt and Kate already had a firepit secured. Josh, AKA Cutty was there too, you wouldn't recognize him now he looks so clean cut. Met two of their fishing friends, hopefully future Bat Fighters. We had 12 people in all and had long rods all over the place. Grilled fish tacos and hot dogs washed down with adult beverages. We owned the place! We got three hookups of the right kind just before/after sunset. Two drops and a break off. Kate left no doubt that the break off was Matt's fault.

Soaked more bait into the evening, but the bigger models didn't want to play. Guys throwing critter rods got a bunch of critters, nothing pic worthy. Matt was a wild man with his kayak. Dropped some lobster traps. Made three trips out after dark on his yak for 3 legal bugs. We rolled it up a little after 10. Great times on the beach.

Don't know if this place could serve up a winning bat, but it's so darned nice and easy to fish I know somebody is going to want to cover it 8)

Quick video of fish camp.

https://www.facebook.com/chip.dorman/videos/10212375455534647/
Anybody have an emergency beer?

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Gotta Love SoCal
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:23:14 AM »
Sounds more like a party than a fishing session..........................too cool   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Sharkinthedark II

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 08:15:53 AM »
Great spot for anything! 8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 08:29:36 AM »
It looks like a Batty location... but could you catch one when it counts during the SNBF!?!?  That is the real question!  lol

Great looking place to fish!  I love the close fire ring!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 06:00:00 PM »
It looks like a Batty location... but could you catch one when it counts during the SNBF!?!?  That is the real question!  lol

Great looking place to fish!  I love the close fire ring!

When the sun goes down, the monsters come out, and it gets down to it, you know I'll have a cold one in my hand on the bay 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?