Author Topic: Land of the Plenty with Jared 6/4  (Read 1310 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Land of the Plenty with Jared 6/4
« on: June 04, 2023, 04:29:29 PM »
Took the Mosquito out with Jared hoping get him on a good bite with the bass. We keep hitting slow days when we fish but I was confident we could run up some numbers together.

Out the harbor mouth around 0700.

First fish was in the boat pretty quick. Continuing the trolling concept for bass, I've switched over to swimbaits and gotten even better days than with the crankbaits. Jared started with a crank and I with a swimbait and I got to 6 before he got his first.

Probably 80/20 sand bass to calico ratio today.

I've been pretty broke so felt the need to justify my time and ramp fee with some fillets.

Once Jared switched to swimbaits he was pulling 'em in as fast as I. I ended with 24, him with 20, including his new PB and jackpot for the day. All his fish were released. I'd call this brute outside of my own slot limit as well!

Solid day. Mostly 12-14" fish. I kept my 5 bag limit in the 15-17" range. Every color swimbait worked: purple, sexy smelt, white, herring, black and yellow, red...they were hungry. Got short bit a ton in the last hour, maybe would have been smart to switch to the crankbait at that point but we were happy. Had one bite with some big boy head shakes that came off after a few seconds, thinking that was my one halibut bite for the day.

On our way in, I was minding my own business on the tiller when next thing I know this f@cking seagull is flapping wildly and stuck to the LC Pointer on the end of the Sabiki rod in its holder. I could not believe it, and waited a good 15 seconds for Jared to realize what was going on directly over his head before I took the rod down and grabbed the googan bird. Wish I got a pic/video of it up there bashing around in the rod tips, it was absolutely absurd. Just grabbed a parked crankbait!!!

So don't leave out Lucky Craft lures around seagulls, they might just steal them...

3 or 4 dinners secured.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 04:44:28 PM by jrodda »

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Land of the Plenty with Jared 6/4
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 08:00:49 PM »
 That's a great day on the water 8) The seagull got a surprise just as much as you did ;D

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 06:13:42 AM »
Those f@cking gulls have flew off with a rod of mine before in a similar fashion.  lol

Nicely done Jeremy, and I have to do the same thing every now and then... justify spending $$$ by keeping some dinners instead of releasing them all.  Well done once again!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 06:15:55 AM »
Oh, and congrats to Jared on his PB Sand Bass!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 03:30:54 AM »
Glad you found fish with your buddy, that sandie is a beast
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect