Author Topic: When Fishing Podcast  (Read 1748 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
When Fishing Podcast
« on: March 10, 2023, 11:25:49 AM »
I've been eating up various fishing podcasts for a couple years now, from Cast and Crank to Seabros to Millhouse and some stray episodes from others.
Got toward the end of the available saltwater content out there and decide to play with making my own. Produced the music for the intro, recorded it and had a lot of fun. I see a lot of potential in it if I keep with it, and having to record them regularly will hold me accountable to fish regularly and keep experimenting and gathering information.

Here's the link from my distributor.

https://media.rss.com/whenfishing/feed.xml

And to Spotify, which is where I listen to everything.

https://open.spotify.com/show/0eN95Vhq5IKKsifCrUkf5v?si=7ceae0a9c0804a39

Feels like a project that's aligning very naturally with me so I'm excited.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: When Fishing Podcast
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 07:54:48 AM »
Cool project Jeremy!   8)
I've often thought it would be fun to do a blog or podcast, but I have zero time for it.
I'll start listening today.  Keep with it!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 08:46:37 AM »
Yep, I'll definitely check it out.  I had plans to start a podcast years ago, but like many ideas I have, they petered out along with the people who said they are onboard with it.

I can't wait to listen.  Right on boss!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 08:51:57 PM »
Nice topic on Knots, I have been using the Blood Knot and haven't had any issues with slippage or failure :)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 02:23:52 PM »
Nice topic on Knots, I have been using the Blood Knot and haven't had any issues with slippage or failure :)

You talkin main line to leader connections? Only way i know a blood knot. I’m sure I’ve tied the blood knot but I’ve settled on FG and an improved albright for light line. Although when I googled the improved albright I realized I am not tying it right at all. But what I’ve been doing is super quick and it holds nice soooooo…..

I know I mentioned Seaguar knots for the use of splicing 3 way rigs, and the Seaguar is normally a leader knot I think. But I’ve been looking for a more bullet proof alternative to the Dropper Loop since it’s got like a 40-60% strength optimistically.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 08:39:00 PM »
 The Turner's by me showed me the Tony Pena Knot for braid to mono or flouro, that's what they tie but I have been using the Double Uni Knot and it seems to be super strong, got snagged and with the weight of my boat it didn't break and it's way easier to tie. Blood Knot for dropper loop loops, that is all I got so far. Seems like there are many knots out there but until the one I use fails I guess I'll stick with it :)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 08:44:30 PM »
The Turner's by me showed me the Tony Pena Knot for braid to mono or flouro, that's what they tie but I have been using the Double Uni Knot and it seems to be super strong, got snagged and with the weight of my boat it didn't break and it's way easier to tie. Blood Knot for dropper loop loops, that is all I got so far. Seems like there are many knots out there but until the one I use fails I guess I'll stick with it :)

I use the bobsands knot. Basically a tony Peña. It’s strong enough but tends to hang up on the top at a sharp angle.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 07:12:16 AM »
I use the Albright Special.  It's handles everything including the 210# Bluefin, so I have pretty good confidence in it.  I actually messed up trying to figure out a connecting knot, but never knew there was a name.  I went through all the pictures of the connectors and saw the Albright Special was exactly what I do, so I couldn't name it some new fancy name.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 12:15:02 PM »
I use the Albright Special.  It's handles everything including the 210# Bluefin, so I have pretty good confidence in it.  I actually messed up trying to figure out a connecting knot, but never knew there was a name.  I went through all the pictures of the connectors and saw the Albright Special was exactly what I do, so I couldn't name it some new fancy name.   ;D

Trying hard to find my source for my connector knot online. I swore it was one of the first sites to pop up for knot testing but I can't find it for the life of me. Basically starts as an Alberto where I twist the braid around going up, but don't twist down. Then go through the loop with the end of the braid twice and cinch down. I've moved to it, away from uni-uni knots, for sub 40# leaders.

Since I can't find it I'm starting to think that I was just f@cking up the Albright until I found the alteration of putting the braid tag end through the loop twice. Put it through once and it slips, twice and it ain't going anywhere.