Author Topic: Grinner Gathering Results  (Read 2674 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Grinner Gathering Results
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:04:52 AM »
Well, it was a fine turn out of some great peeps on the sand.  A few guys that I've met for the first time also which was one of the primary reasons for having this event.

Anyway, all week the beach has been pretty clean with little to no salad.  Of course, this night was totally the opposite!  Salad galore!  It all started as just loose grass and chopped salad, but turned into huge kelp monsters by the end of the evening.

Chip & Jay-Ray, Chad, his Dad and SoCal Bill... Squatch, Where's My Beer, Binh, Pinoyfisher, Andre, Longcast Joe, Jaws, Joel, Shark in the Dark, Ben, Jim, and ... Who am I missing? all battled the weeds until we couldn't take it anymore.  Mike and Binh tried a new beach and found some cleaner conditions, but only found an eel so there was not much going on especially for a night that I thought it was going to go off!  Oh well....

Thanks everyone for coming out!  It was a pleasure fishing with you guys again even if the grinners didn't cooperate.  It might have been much better if we got some more soak time in without the salad messing it up.

Have a great remainder of the weekend and thanks again for coming down.  I'll get some pictures of the giveaway rod up here soon as I can.  5-6 weeks remaining to win this bad boy!  Len (Skrilla) did an amazing job on it!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:59:57 AM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
Re: Grinner Gathering Results
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:26:57 AM »
Great meeting everyone last night, now I have some faces to put with the screen names.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 09:35:27 AM »
It was setting up as epic, but ah well, that's fishing ;)

At least I scored a cool PSoul hat ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 10:06:37 AM »
Despite the sore arms and back from hauling in all that kelp, I had a blast!
It was great meeting all you guys and I hope to fish with you all again soon!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 11:14:14 AM »
Good time talking to folks. Never made a cast. Hung around hoping the weeds would back off, but they never did. Honestly if I saw the beach looking like that I would hit the road.

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 11:24:01 AM »
Even though we had to fight through all that Zostera Marina (aka eelgrass) it was still great meeting everyone last night. Hope to see you all at the 2018 Grinner Gathering.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 02:16:14 PM »
We gathered and we did have a few grins too, but the salad put a total damper in the evening. Did have a pretty sweet sunset!

Binh, myself and bat ray Dre did find some pretty nice conditions that were hoping to exploit before turkey day.

I did have a legit pick up, but my bait was torn off. I beat the skunk with the devil’s spawn and a reef roach.

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 09:16:46 AM »
We gathered and we did have a few grins too, but the salad put a total damper in the evening. Did have a pretty sweet sunset!

Binh, myself and bat ray Dre did find some pretty nice conditions that were hoping to exploit before turkey day.

I did have a legit pick up, but my bait was torn off. I beat the skunk with the devil’s spawn and a reef roach.

Ha ha ha, Bat Ray Dre, That will be my new name going into 2018.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 11:29:26 PM »
Great seeing the crew. Can't wait for one of these gatherings to just go off ...

see ya all soon!

WMB

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 06:11:10 AM »

Chip, Jay-Ray and I had the bar taken care of.  Unfortunately I was feeling like crap so I averaged only 0.5 beers an hour that day.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 08:48:20 AM »
Enjoyed the sunset.

My first surf calico to beat the skunk.

JayRay

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 11:57:40 PM »

Chip, Jay-Ray and I had the bar taken care of.  Unfortunately I was feeling like crap so I averaged only 0.5 beers an hour that day.  lol

Was good to get south of Pendleton to do some fishing, I am usually working the north side of it. Is Point La Jolla Fishable?
#MAGA