Author Topic: Bass Pro Shops  (Read 6980 times)

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: Bass Pro Shops
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 05:00:10 PM »
Ron and Joe,
When using your golf bag, do you remove/install the reels from the rods each time you load/unload to fish?
No, the reel hangs over just right. The butt of my rods is long enough to bottom out before the reel will hit the bag. I have a couple of cloth reel cover bootys I'll put over on them after I give them their freshwater rinse  after each trip. If you take the reels off, now you have to find a place to carry the reel again...And Chad, if you try putting 2 spinner rods,with the large first guides, down in the bag, those big guides seem to fight each other down in the bag, so I usually put one of those sections in the opposite way of the other so the large guide on one rod is upward out of the bag. Looks like Ron's tube mod will solve that issue as well though.

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 10:18:29 PM »
Ron and Joe,
When using your golf bag, do you remove/install the reels from the rods each time you load/unload to fish?

It depends.  As in my pictures, I currently have the reels off, and the rod pieces are strapped together and inserted butt first into the bag. (to protect the tips). This puts the the reel seat below the top edge or the bag to be fully inserted. I can reverse the rod and leave the butt out which would allow me keep the reels on the rod. I don't want to do this until I find a piece of padding to cut to size and insert at the bottom of the tube to protect the ferrules when inserted first.

For right now, since I moved some stuff from my tackle bag to the pockets on the golf bag, I have the reels (with reel covers) in the tackle bag and can be quickly attached to the rods.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 01:35:48 PM »
We took a family road trip yesterday to the Bass Pro Shop in Rancho Cucamonga. My new happy place!

What an amazing store! I think the kids had as much fun as I did. We got there in time to watch them feed the fish, so cool! 

Had some alligator for lunch at the restaurant then took the kids on the carousel.

Then it was my turn to shop!
Ended up getting some tackle storage gear based on ya'lls recommendations. So much nice than having it all crammed in a backpack.

What a great day!

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 05:01:54 PM »
That place is a good time huh?, It's like Disneyland or BPS hmmm?..you should check the one in Vegas out.. Omg...Kudos to you for figuring out what you needed before you got there because if you wait till your there it's a bit overwhelming at that point and hard to think. That binder is sh!t for pretied leaders, it's going to save you lots of untangling time on the sand, good job man.
JOE

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 09:08:04 AM »
I'm really stoked about the new tackle system!
I'm actually going to be in Vegas in November for work so I'll be sure to check out the BPS while I'm there!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 09:12:29 AM »
So Cool!  I need to get my daughter there as she'll love it.

Thanks for the BPS update and pics, boss.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.