Author Topic: Cuyamaca Trouting (10/30)  (Read 1722 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Cuyamaca Trouting (10/30)
« on: October 31, 2016, 06:45:33 AM »
Steve and I hit up Lake Cuyamaca to do a little trouting since they just got planted a few days ago.  Got the only spot on the lake that the wind wasn't going to blow you away.

Guy next to Steve catches 2 nice trout, but no one else was catching anything.

I get a skunk busting Bluegill which out ALL the pressure on Steve.

We watched a Bald Eagle fly overhead trying to kill the time waiting for a bite.  Steve walked the shoreline for about a pound of lead and other misc. fishing gear.  He even found a 10/0 circle hook....  Someone must have been sturgeon fishing...

Old couple walks down at 1:00 and sets up right next to Steve.  In about 10 minutes, they get a really nice trout and rub salt into Squatch's wound. 

We stayed until 2 and bailed.  It felt good to be up in the mountains as it felt like I was out of SD for a while even though I wasn't.  It felt even better being victorious in the fishing category with that huge bull male Bluegill!  ;)

Oh well, back to the surf again looking for some grinners this week.

Thanks for reading.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Cuyamaca Trouting (10/30)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:10:50 AM »
 Can't believe the old couple. The man got his gear stuck in the rocks. Tried to get it unstuck for awhile, then sent the wife to do it. Just then, her rod gets bit and he starts yelling at her to get his stuck line out of the way. Comical.

At least now I know the secret bait.

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Cuyamaca Trouting (10/30)
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 02:04:21 PM »

Cool that you guys saw the bald eagle.  That itself makes the trip worthwhile.  Hope to see you guys up here one of these summers for some Montana troutin'.