Author Topic: Persistent Pescador Plasters Pool Toy with Paisonos 12/8  (Read 2562 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Persistent Pescador Plasters Pool Toy with Paisonos 12/8
« on: December 08, 2022, 09:43:19 PM »
Figured out how to reinforce my back rest. Put a screw through two PVC caps and into the transom. Screwed some PVC to the bottom of the aluminum bench. PVC fits into the caps, caps keep pipes in place, keeping pescador at peace and in place.

Tested it today, launched about 0830. Seat functions! I was worried that leaning into the transom wouldn't negatively affect the weight distribution in the boat, but with a little onshore wind helping me out, I was going 13-14mph steady, up about 1mph. Very nice!

Headed out to rockfish grounds. Wanted to explore it a little bit more before writing off the OC as a travesty to the west coast rockfishery.

Didn't have squid again. Wanted to use gulp to catch a dab, strip the dab, use it for rockfish bait. Started picking off dabs, even on the fluke. Some nice ones, though. A couple dink rockfish to go with them.

Moved about a mile, started seeing great marks. But would it translate? 50' off the bottom got a better bite.

Largemouth Paisono

Paisons like fin bait, I've known that for a long time. No squid, nothing touching the dab strips. I've had mediocre experiences with paisonos being wormy and even a bit chewy at times. Decided to accept my fate and go all in on the fluke, got into a bit of a frenzy on em and filled up the boat.

King of the paisons today.

Total for the day, a gaggle of grouper and a grab bag of dabs.

Gonna bake the dabs over a creamy pasta, and probably fish tacos for Sunday's football slate. Mmmmmmmmm.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Persistent Pescador Plasters Pool Toy with Paisonos 12/8
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 08:19:54 AM »
Jeremy,
Great haul and awesome alliteration skills!  8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 08:26:04 AM »
Pleasant pics my paisan!  hahaha

Well done Jeremy and glad the seat mount worked out for you.  Nice grouping of grouper with a dab of greatness for the Persistent Pescador Plasters Pool Toy with Paisonos!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 04:02:28 AM »
Jeremy,
Great haul and awesome alliteration skills!  8)

Between you and Jeremy I spend most of my time reading a dictionary   :D

Looks good Jeremy, you always seem to make the most out things   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 06:50:39 AM »
 The Pool Toy strikes again !! Nice haul before the end of the season 8) 8) Plenty of P's in them paragraphs, perhaps persistence pays with a plethora of pescado perched perfectly on a platter  :o

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2022, 10:54:49 AM »
8) 8) Plenty of P's in them paragraphs, perhaps persistence pays with a plethora of pescado perched perfectly on a platter  :o

Precisely 8)