Author Topic: Just salad in South VC  (Read 2391 times)

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Just salad in South VC
« on: October 08, 2015, 09:06:03 PM »
Ended up "AO hopping" in South VC last night from sundown till 11ish...Hit a few spots that don't require more than a 10 minute trek from the time you park till your testing the waters...& confirm, nothing but chopped eel grass salad being carried along the bottom by a steady current, except for the few pounds that instantly wrap your rig seconds after the lead touches down on the bottom. Y'all know what I'm saying.... Fairly heavy 3-5ft surf just came up and swell is forecast to get up to 3'-6' by Friday night. Damn, before last night I was planning on logging some serious hours on the soak this weekend,  Oh well... patience ...  "and this too shall pass" 
Luck to all..soon
JOE   

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Just salad in South VC
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 04:01:32 AM »
Hate that chopped salad. Hate the big surf.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 06:22:48 AM »
Definitely sounded like the conditions that I hate to run into on a surf session.  Damn, well glad you're putting the time in.  We are all overdue for a big surf shark here really soon!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 08:38:18 AM »
Do u primarily fish vc?

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 12:34:23 PM »
@EricH...I live near County Line so between Dume and Mugu is my home stretch, but I venture up onto the sands of Hueneme/Oxnard/Ventura areas (without getting too specific) often and depending on the season/conditions/mood, l do from Carpenteria down to Redondo and anywhere inbetween. Maybe we'll cross lines with each other one evening....Peace     
Joe   

TheCraftsman

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 03:52:45 PM »
Yeah ive been fishing VC the last couple evenings as well. My AO's have been pretty clean at low tide and come high tide the salad gets picked up and renders the area completely unfishable. Last night i think there was more seaweed than water at one point.. Lol.. Still managed to pull a few wiggles on the lighter rod, one was the biggest ive caught at 44". Got em all just before the salad rolled in.  Im still new to the sand so i actually still enjoy catchin those ugly things. Not even a nibble on the big stick.
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!