Author Topic: Pismo Beach with my Daughter (12/14)  (Read 1768 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Pismo Beach with my Daughter (12/14)
« on: December 15, 2020, 05:30:50 AM »
Well, not Pismo beach proper, but my daughter wanted out of the house and I suggested some clamming since there were super low tides.  She was fine with going down to the beach, so off we went.  It's been a few years since I've really been successful at finding them, so I didn't have high hopes.

It was a fairly warm day on the beach, but the water was cold as crap.  We spent an hours digging around with our feet and pitch fork with only a couple of just shorts showing up.  Nothing showing like they used to in the past where you could see them at the surface.  These suckers were a good 6" down or more.

Finally heard the clink of my pitch fork and hauled up the first one.

We kept going, but my daughter was spending more time looking for sand dollars than pismo's.  I finally got a couple more and had her dig one up, but she didn't want a picture because of her crazy wind hair and just being a 14 year old teenager, so I decided not to "embarrass" her.  hahaha

Her feet were frozen, so we headed home.  We were almost home and heard a loud noise and people screaming.  All of a sudden, cops were flying in through the traffic followed by ambulances.  We get 5 cars up and look to the left only a few feet away to see someone literally splat on the road.  It might have been the worst accident I've ever passed in person, and my daughter got pretty shooken up.  Apparently truck vs bicycle only ends up in one way.  Found out later he was gone as crews arrived, which I couldn't see how anyone could survive that. 

That put a damper on our trip, as things like that make you realize in just a blink of an eye, things can be gone.  It then made me appreciate my time out on the beach even more and realize that 3 clams in the bucket was not a bad thing at all.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Pismo Beach with my Daughter (12/14)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 05:42:32 AM »
Damn. Sucks Hannah had to see that.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 07:57:20 PM »
Scary stuff, always harder when it's during the Christmas season too, glad you got a pic of your crazy wind hair ;D ;D

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 02:02:03 AM »
I'm thankful I've never seen something like that in person...sorry you and your daughter did. Obviously even more tragic for the biker and their loved ones.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 06:59:53 PM »
Terrible ending to a great day with your girl. Way to out it in perspective. Life is short and unpredictable.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)